Talk

Advanced search

'Cheap' Skechers-any use?

(18 Posts)
buckeejit Wed 19-Apr-17 21:43:34

Just that really. I don't really want to pay that much for ugly shoes but am willing to gamble on going away for a couple of days with just fitflops & then buying some of these if it rains. Are there any cheaper copy versions as good or should I just get the go walks if need be?

AveEldon Wed 19-Apr-17 21:46:11

try tkmaxx

ALetter Wed 19-Apr-17 21:46:58

Why not buy shoes you like rather than ones you find ugly?

buckeejit Wed 19-Apr-17 22:09:29

I know these are v comfy for walking-I have bought comfy walking shoes that I like recently but they're not comfy for loads of walking & are scuffed so I know these can take a bit of a beating!

LizzieVereker Wed 19-Apr-17 22:15:37

I'm not sure that this is answering your question, but I just wanted to say that the go walks are soooo comfortable! Definitely worth the money and worth the trade off of not being particularly stylish looking.

buckeejit Wed 19-Apr-17 22:21:30

Thanks Lizzie, I'll probably just get the 'real deal' then-no breaking them in is another draw. It's almost a bit of a guilty pleasure to look forward to. Off to look at the least offensive ones now in preparation!

Katinkka Wed 19-Apr-17 23:26:50

I have about ten pairs of Skechers. I think they're nice and very comfortable.

WeeM Thu 20-Apr-17 09:56:45

I managed to get a pair of go walks that are grey and just look like trainers so not that ugly and they are so comfy. Wore them constantly in New York for 5 days!

taytotayto111 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:05:18

I just got a pair of sketchers from cloggs online and they only lasted 6 weeks before the heel area wore away and have caused terrible blistering. Up until then they were amazing. A week on and the back of my heel is still killing me. I contacted cloggs and was told tough basically so I'm not happy. I was only using for walking an hour 3 times a week.

CakeThat Thu 20-Apr-17 22:19:06

Sports Direct often have previous year's styles of scetchers cheaper than current styles. I bought some from Primark which looked a bit like Go Walks but they feel nowhere near as comfortable.

PossibiliTea Thu 20-Apr-17 22:21:39

Ooo I bought a pair from an outlet shop on Cheshire Oaks ( probably not helpful ) but I've worn them for anything outdoorsy or walking I can't believe I didn't get them before. I got mine for about £25. They look like trainers but are slip ons so they look alright with shorts too.

PickAChew Thu 20-Apr-17 22:23:39

Deichmann do some good Skecher type shoes - if anything, they look nicer, though I can't vouch for comfort, as DS1 had a pair.

PickAChew Thu 20-Apr-17 22:25:15

And for loads of walking, just get a decent pair of running trainers. I have loads of Nike Darts of various types.

Germgirl Thu 20-Apr-17 22:27:25

I bought a grey pair of pretend Go Walks from Primark for £8. I have real Skechers too and tbh they're almost as good. If you only want them for a few days or so then have a look.

user1484603141 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:27:59

Costco have some in at the mo, 23 pound, utterly love them.

Iamastonished Thu 20-Apr-17 22:28:12

"Definitely worth the money and worth the trade off of not being particularly stylish looking."

I agree. I am looking for some black slip on summer shoes and tried some Go Walks on in a Pavers concession this lunchtime, and am now regretting that I didn't buy them. I already have a blue pair of Go Walks and a blue pair of ballet style Bobs from last year.

firsttimer12345 Thu 20-Apr-17 22:30:23

I had an amazing pair of the go walks a few years ago and wish I could afford another pair now they are worn out. They probably lasted me 18 months and I did hours and hours of walking a week. Worth mentioning that I've also had bunion surgery and they were the comfiest thing I've found. Agree that they aren't the prettiest. Have a pair of knock off primark ones now that have gone baggy and not as comfy but only £6. Apparently Costco have the real deal in stock this week if you're a member.

Ellieboolou27 Thu 20-Apr-17 23:25:19

As a poster said deichman have some similar, mine cost £30 from there so not that much cheaper, they are very comfy though, I brought some go walks from sketchers last month which are defiantly worth the extra, not too ugly either, all black slip on's.
I started off thinking I looked frumpy, now I don't care as I can walk for miles I love them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now