Talk

Advanced search

Very wavy hair - should I cut it bob short (or shorter)?

(4 Posts)
NapQueen Wed 19-Apr-17 20:00:26

I currently have it very long (just past bra strap). Weights it down and I wear ponytails most days or straighten it if I wear it down. Too frizzy to just leave drip dry and wear down.

I watched a friend of mine blow dry her hair the other day (I was at hers not lile peering through the window). And hers is wavy but cut part way between chin and shoulder. She was able to blow dry it to perfection. No fizz, straight and full of body.

Is this an artform? Would I be daft to go so drastically short?

user1492232552 Thu 20-Apr-17 00:43:20

The shorter, the more work for curly, wavy hair, you need a bit of weight. Collar length is the new style, go with that, but get them to cut it dry so it doesn't bounce up to your chin

GattoColorCioccolatto Thu 20-Apr-17 01:48:38

I did. Regretted it. Growing it again.

BarchesterFlowers Thu 20-Apr-17 04:27:11

Yes, do it, I did it last year and love it.

You need a good cut and then learn how to use a brush to dry it.

I have been drying mine forever, don't use straighteners, just a natural brush - takes me 15 mins at my new length but I only brush it til day four when I wash it again. Very low maintenance.

Just below chin length, natural (to show what I am dealing with!) and new cut photos. Lots of layers at the bottom to avoid triangle head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now