Talk

Advanced search

Graduation Outfit

(6 Posts)
SpeckledyHen Wed 19-Apr-17 13:01:44

My DS1 graduates in the summer and I am dreading it as I don't like dressing up , 'do's ' or photos . The last time I wore a dress was on my wedding day and we didn't have a professional photographer .

Would it be ok to wear smart trousers and a dressier top than normal , with heels and a clutch bag ?

I know that the day is about DS and not me , but I don't want to show him up .

Thanks

user1492232552 Wed 19-Apr-17 13:59:58

Trousers are fine, you want to be comfortable

Brillenbar Wed 19-Apr-17 14:32:28

Absolutely fine. You don't want to go all mother of the bride. Can I recommend this though if you wanted to get yourself something new www.finerylondon.com/uk/products/lydbrook-wrap-jumpsuit?taxon_id=6 it is really lovely and doesn't crease. I wore it to a posh hospitality at the boat race a few weeks back and felt it had the exact right note of chic but not trying too hard.

SpeckledyHen Wed 19-Apr-17 17:50:56

Thank you both . I'll stick with what makes me feel comfortable and look for something dressier than I would normally go for .

I love your outfit Brillenbar , but sadly I'm too short and old for it smile

FANTINE2 Wed 19-Apr-17 22:06:03

I'm in a similar dilemma. I've considered palazzo trousers, but how to style them? Any ideas?
My D's graduation is in July.

chantico Wed 19-Apr-17 22:13:10

You'll need to anchor your gown and that jumpsuit looks too flimsy on the top to be up to it.

I say, go for proper sub fusc. White shirt, black (pencil?) skirt. Or indeed black trousers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now