Talk

Advanced search

Do these sandals look ok?

(20 Posts)
Turneeps Wed 19-Apr-17 12:13:06

For walking round Paris for hours.
They are comfy, don't fall off etc but how do they look??
I would wear with skinny jeans or short denim shorts depending on weather. I am mid 30s mum.

Nettletheelf Wed 19-Apr-17 12:46:52

I am already feeling the blisters in sympathy! Between your big toe and your second toe, that is.

Turneeps Wed 19-Apr-17 13:21:08

I wear a lot of flip flops so hoping i will be ok Nettle!!

leccybill Wed 19-Apr-17 13:23:08

Yes, they look fine. I'd be tempted to sling a pair of Skechers Go Walks in your case too though. The pavements in Paris, like lots of main cities, are quite mucky and there's lots of dog poo. Your feet will be rotten.

Greenvalleymama Wed 19-Apr-17 13:42:23

I have toe envy, you have pretty feet! They look comfortable, I'd take another pair of pumps or something too, just in case they start to rub anywhere.

Turneeps Wed 19-Apr-17 14:35:13

I imagine beautiful Paris which smells of fresh baguettes and full of elegant people, not dog poo and muck! I will def take some pumps too, maybe even trainers (but hate wearing them unless doing actual sport).
Glad noone mentioned fugly!!

Cakescakescakes Wed 19-Apr-17 14:40:08

Definitely also bring trainers. Your feet will thank you.

pollie9 Wed 19-Apr-17 16:01:36

Beautiful sandals. If you feel comfortable with it after few walks, you might as well enjoy walking around Paris with it.

ZaraW Wed 19-Apr-17 18:44:19

They look like a pair of Birkenstocks I used to have. They were really comfortable and never had an issue with blisters I could walk all day in them. They look good.

Turneeps Wed 19-Apr-17 19:00:57

Yes, they are Birkenstocks (mayari style).

blueskyinmarch Wed 19-Apr-17 19:03:28

My feet are crying just looking at them- i cannot do toe posts. I went to Paris and wore my most comfy trainers. I was crying with the pain in my feet by the end of the second day.

Bigbiscuits Wed 19-Apr-17 19:07:11

m.fitflop.co.uk/en/womens/view-all-womens/fitflop-z-strap-canvas-back-strap-sandals-neon-blush%2Fmidnight-navy%7C-fitflop-official-online-store/190035357429.html

These are the most comfy sandals in the world. Perfect for sightseeing and look good on.

BakerBear Wed 19-Apr-17 19:10:18

I think your abit young for them but its what you like

MeganChips Wed 19-Apr-17 19:12:51

They look fine OP, I have a pair of ancient bronze Mayoris that I still love.

A word of warning though, I did have to break mine in so take something else as well.

Blerugh Wed 19-Apr-17 19:17:13

I wore my most comfortable sandals in Paris and got the worst blisters of my life! I was hobbling around by day two and my feet got sooo mucky - definitely pack some trainers!

oldwife Wed 19-Apr-17 19:46:26

Love them. I agree with PP though in that you might want to take some trainers or similar too.

I have Birkenstocks which are well worn-in and super comfortable. However after more than a few hours of serious walking they do make my feet sore in certain places.

Better to be prepared.

Or just buy new shoes in Paris. grin

WinterRose92 Wed 19-Apr-17 19:50:38

I really like them!

CateGory8 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:32:21

I have the same pair and I walked all around Rome in mine. I own a few pairs of birkenstocks and for some reason forgot to pack them for that particular trip. I ended up buying a pair of bronze mayari when I was there. No breaking in needed, I generally wear flip flops all year, in winter in the house and in summer everywhere else.

I agree with other posters about the poop in Paris though. Everyone seems to own a small dog and no one seems to pick up after them.

leccybill Wed 19-Apr-17 20:50:46

I wore Go Walks to walk around Disneyland Paris for 3 full days and I still felt like I was walking in air are the end.
Quite like those fit flops though.

Turneeps Wed 19-Apr-17 21:31:10

Oh, i like the idea of buying new shoes in Paris!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now