Talk

Advanced search

Liquid gold or pixi glow?

(29 Posts)
FishlessCake Wed 19-Apr-17 07:47:29

I currently alternate between pixi glow (not really fantastic but I do like it) nip and fab dragons blood and sometimes I just use boots traditional rose water toner. I'm running low, tempted by the alpha gold. I've got open pores and a few bumpy under skin spots. Thank you smile

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Wed 19-Apr-17 07:51:16

Liquid Gold did nothing for me, but have used various other acid tones/peels which were much better. I think you need a salicylic toner for spots (am dry so use glycolic myself)

LadyOfTheCanyon Wed 19-Apr-17 07:54:00

Liquid Gold works really well for me as a once a week or so treatment.. It's definitely more 'oomphy' than Pixi Glow ( which I use as an everyday toner) and I can really see the difference in the morning after I've used it.
I have normal skin with a tendency to dryness in the winter- no spots.

On a side topic - how do you rate the dragons blood? It didn't do anything for me ( compared to the Rodial one, which is excellent.)

FishlessCake Wed 19-Apr-17 08:06:24

I can't say the dragons blood did anything, this is all so confusing confused will go back and look for some other options. Thanks all smile

Tantpoke Wed 19-Apr-17 08:31:35

Liquid gold was a complete game changer for me. I avoided it for ages for some unfathomable reason but my skin is smoother and younger than ever since adding it to my routine.

Ledkr Wed 19-Apr-17 08:49:06

How often do you use it tant and how?

user1486161908 Wed 19-Apr-17 09:25:06

I use liquid gold twice a week and love it, my skin is dehydrated combination with lots of hormonal spots, and I find using it regularly I have less spots, my skin also is smoother the next morning and more glowy!

FishlessCake Wed 19-Apr-17 09:55:05

I think I'm going to go for it, it's a bargain on qvc on 4 easy payments 200ml with a face wash and body wipes (if of interest to anyone).

CoolCarrie Wed 19-Apr-17 10:16:38

Liquid Gold is excellent, twice a week is enough for me, and that is a good offer

neveradullmoment99 Wed 19-Apr-17 17:30:03

Liquid gold also did nothing for me. However nip and fab glycolic pads are fantastic. They can be picked up for a fraction of the price from superdrug. You can get the night ones or the ordinary ones. They are superb. Refine pores, seems to even out skin, tightens skin, decongests it.

Hulder Wed 19-Apr-17 18:46:50

Neither, you want a proper salicylic product rather than glycolic as you have spots under the skin. Glycolic is for dry skin. Paula's Choice BHA is fantastic.

EleanorRigbysNeice Wed 19-Apr-17 20:17:22

Pixie Glow is like paint stripper on me. Have had to bin it. Just beware, as I'm not generally sensitive to products.

Gah81 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:20:32

Another vote for Paula's Choice BHA - oily/combo skin and it has cleared right up!

ArriettyClock1 Wed 19-Apr-17 20:20:49

Pixi Glow is nice, but too watery for me.

Liquid Gold makes a massive difference to my skin.

FishlessCake Wed 19-Apr-17 20:23:14

Pixi glow though nice feeling didn't do anything which the nip and fab didn't do- leave my face feeling fresh. I didn't get any reaction. I've bought it from qvc 4 flexi payments of around £9? Plus it was 200ml with 200ml of the cleanser and the body wipes.

bran Wed 19-Apr-17 20:25:21

I haven't tried Liquid Gold, but Pixi Glow brought me out in horrendous lumps. I looked like I'd fallen face first into a bed of nettles. I'm getting good results by using N+F Dragon's Blood at night and Glycolic Fix in the mornings. I think it's the Glycolic Fix that makes the biggest difference.

My son uses N+F teenage pads, I can't remember what they're called, but they've improved his spots quite a bit.

Samanthacoombes Wed 19-Apr-17 21:47:51

The liquid gold worked so well for me, but stopped when last lot ran out due to $. However I've had breakouts again so have re ordered it...does an amazing job!... I order it from Bath & unwind who do free postage to NZ

abbiejohn12 Thu 20-Apr-17 08:01:22

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

burnishedsilver Thu 20-Apr-17 08:47:04

Liquid gold is tbe best product I've tried. I originally got it in the M&S advent calendar. It has become an integral part of my routine. I use it every second night.

TitaniasCloset Thu 20-Apr-17 14:16:34

What is liquid gold for?

WhooooAmI24601 Thu 20-Apr-17 16:38:44

I tried Liquid Gold when it was part of one of those beauty advent calendars, loved it for a while but when it ran out never replaced it. Pixi Glow is good. Paula's Choice is better.

PorklessPie Thu 20-Apr-17 17:24:23

Pixi glow is also on qvc a huge 500ml bottle with 4 flexi payments for a brilliant price <do not work for qvc grin>

ArriettyClock1 Thu 20-Apr-17 20:02:48

Funny how different we all are.

Nip + Fab I found rubbish and left a horrible sort of coating on my face.

DameDeDoubtance Thu 20-Apr-17 21:27:38

I really like the acids from Bravura and SR skincare

I find them much better than liquid gold.

Toysintheattic29 Sun 30-Apr-17 18:20:30

Oh Gawd - I'm 68 and have never heard of this stuff - what am I missing? Is it any good for decent, mature skin?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now