Talk

Advanced search

Help with water retention?

(4 Posts)
MiniCooperLover Tue 18-Apr-17 20:45:17

So as soon as the weather starts to improve I swell up. As soon as ... I am about 3 stone overweight (and 44) and am trying to solve the weight issue but it happens anyway. Any suggestions/options/vitamins/specific foods that people are aware could help me? Thanks

Softkitty2 Tue 18-Apr-17 20:48:09

Lessen your sodium intake (salt) so not only the sale you put in your food but also limit processed food.

Also drink plenty of water, if you drink less your body will hold onto the fluid rather than letting it go (wee)

Hope that helps.

But also you should see your gp

SimplyPut Tue 18-Apr-17 22:44:01

For me its a combination of drinking lots of water (3L plus) and eating 10 portions of fruit and veg a day.
A full nights sleep seems to help too.

LockedOutOfMN Tue 18-Apr-17 23:21:50

Have you tried teas like Hornimans Drain / Slim / Line (I've translated these directly from Spanish, sorry! Line might be called "figure" in English?) The Drain tea tastes weakly citrussy - not offensive. If you can't get that brand, there are probably similar products from the others like Twinings. (I've seen Hornimans on sale in the UK but not everywhere).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now