Talk

Advanced search

Mulberry bags on eBay

(10 Posts)
Puffinsareblackandwhite Tue 18-Apr-17 20:23:50

There is no way I could afford a Mulberry bag, new or secondhand, at the moment, but I like browsing nonetheless. Was wondering what I should be looking for when browsing secondhand Mulberry bags on eBay, both in terms of the bag itself and the ad. Has anyone bought one from there?

Puffinsareblackandwhite Tue 18-Apr-17 20:24:47

To clarify: what should I look for to make sure I'm getting the real deal, not being scammed?

WhooooAmI24601 Tue 18-Apr-17 20:48:24

I'd join the Mulberry buy and sell group on Facebook; the folk in there are pretty good at spotting fakes. On Ebay make sure the listing has all the same photos as they'd require on the Facebook grow, and you can have purchases verified on the purse forum. There's a list of fake serial numbers often used on Muberry bags, which can help but isn't exhaustive so if you're concerned post either on here or in the group and you'll find advice.

I have to admit to being a Mulberry lover and I wouldn't buy on ebay purely because of the amount of fakes you find there now.

SpeckledyHen Tue 18-Apr-17 20:53:40

Buying pre- loved is a mine field as the brand is heavily faked , and some fakes are very good . The best thing to do is become a member on the Purse Forum and spend time looking at The Authentication thread on the Mulberry sub - forum .

If you are patient and learn as much as you can you will be amazed at the bargains you can get on eBay .

barefoofdoctor Tue 18-Apr-17 20:54:24

Brandalley just had Mulberry bags on recently. Not quite so spenny.

dailystuck71 Tue 18-Apr-17 21:01:43

There are several pages in Facebook for mulberry. Much safer than eBay.

SpeckledyHen Tue 18-Apr-17 21:02:49

Labels Most Wanted and Naughtipidgins Nest are both reputable resellers of bags and accessories .

bingolittle Tue 18-Apr-17 21:10:45

I bought a Mulberry bag on Ebay (well, to the best of my knowledge I did!) and I love it.

It came with a dust bag and receipt. It was a few years ago, but I seem to remember I googled around first and found several sites giving advice on how to spot a fake. Sorry, can't remember web addresses, but they weren't hard to find.

I wouldn't spend that much on a new bag, but I'm happy to buy second-hand on Ebay (done this with a few designer/expensive bags now).

The Mulberry bag I bought is fabulous quality. To be honest, it wouldn't hugely bother me if I found out it was a high-quality fake, because it's still a very, very well-made bag and well worth the money I paid for it.

Cheesymonster Wed 19-Apr-17 07:54:44

I bought my second hand Alexa from thefinerthingsaberdeen.com/ - £600 instead of £1100 and guaranteed authentic.

You can have eBay bags authenticated on forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-mulberry.901871/ before you bid.

Dancergirl Wed 19-Apr-17 12:59:40

Don't do it!

I bought a Mulberry on Ebay and the strap broke and I was worried I had been sold a fake. Thanks to knowledgeable people on MN, I had it authenticated and luckily it was genuine but I would never risk it again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now