Advanced search

Proportional Crepresentation

(1000 Posts)
Cremolafoam Tue 18-Apr-17 20:07:20

There you go lovelies grin

BeachysSandyFlipflops Tue 18-Apr-17 20:14:23

Thanks Crem.....I'm sure this thread will be full by polling day smile

Cremolafoam Tue 18-Apr-17 20:29:29

I know it is weeks away , but sure, it has been an impactful news day.
Beachy could you pm me where you live? I am just trying to work out a possible route/ journey times etc. tIAsmileflowers

herbaceous Tue 18-Apr-17 21:31:30

Checking in! Excellent thread title crepes.

Exhaustipated after first day at new job. Colleagues are lovely, and I kept meeting people I'd worked with before at the school, who were so welcoming, including the head and deputy head. All seemed v pleased to have me. Sat in on two lessons, one with a fairly drippy supply teacher who irritated me, and helped my boss with an English intervention class. Crikey. Teenagers.

MrsSchadenfreude Tue 18-Apr-17 21:32:47

Glad it went well, Herbs!

bigTillyMint Tue 18-Apr-17 21:43:44

Sound good Herbs. Apart from the drippy supply teacher!

Collymollypuff Tue 18-Apr-17 21:46:10

Oh well done, Crem. Fab thread title. grin

hattymattie Tue 18-Apr-17 21:52:37

Brilliant title Crem.

DD1 has been in the UK for three years and managed two elections plus a vote by procuration in the French one.

magimedi Tue 18-Apr-17 22:07:59

Wonderful title, Crem.

Have just worked out that May is the 13th Pm of my life.

Unlucky??

Cremolafoam Tue 18-Apr-17 22:30:11

Don't know Magi, but it's not looking good is it? Meh. A load of old cobblers. No offence to cobblers btw.hmmsad
Herbs, glad you survived.

MI was it you who enjoyed The Essex Serpent? I am half way through. I love the language and the evocative descriptions of nature, but am frustrated that the story is going nowhere. I will hang in there, as I am in love with Stella, but is it v slow moving or is it just me?

Collymollypuff Wed 19-Apr-17 00:07:26

I loved it, Crem. Stick with it! It rewards effort. I imagine you recognise that the son is akin to certain dhs.

CointreauVersial Wed 19-Apr-17 00:59:58

Fab thread title; try saying it three times after a few gins. grin

My front door is glossy and black just like Mrs May's

Glad today went well, Herbs - I didn't realise it was your first day. Tiring, eh? My assistant starts tomorrow, thank goodness. I neeeeed the help.

Blackduck Wed 19-Apr-17 05:23:05

Great title.
Door - slate grey - tees chic IMHO.

Packing for flight back.

Montypulciano Wed 19-Apr-17 06:17:25

Loving the new thread, Crem. Many thanks.

Door here is f and b French grey. As is kitchen. I love it.

Safe journey home, BD.

Herbs, glad day 1 went well. What arrangements did you sort for Ds after school in the end?

addle Wed 19-Apr-17 06:30:30

Great title, Crem!

Herbs, congrats on first day. Sounds pretty good. Enjoy the rest of your week.

DS like BTM's DD furious that he won't be old enough to vote.

Our door is peeling blue. No idea what kind of paint but almost certainly not F&B. Think may even be as was when we moved in (23 years ago). This has made me think may be time for a change.

Back to work after nearly a week. Gulp.

ACloudCoosHi Wed 19-Apr-17 06:53:26

Good Morning Crepeys on this fresh and crispy new thread. Thanks Crem.

Saw The Miser last night. It was very good. Very funny in a slapstick way. It was good to have a real chortle. Been a long time since I had a laugh. I need more.

Off to lawyers to finally submit DFs probate to HMRC. It's a complete panic because of the new charges HMRC are introducing at the start of May. I think lawyers are swamped atm because of it. However it still won't stop them charging £££££££ for doing it.

I know DM will be quite emotional today. It's one of those 'moments' when you're grieving. I'm looking forward to it all being over. Draws a line in the sand. DBRo and I going to take her out to lunch afterwards somewhere near Borough Market.

Any suggestions??

motherinferior Wed 19-Apr-17 07:16:42

How about a tapas and sherry at the Spanish place <helpful>? Lots of nice places to eat round there. <googles> Brindisa?

Glad it went well, Herbs. I love teenagers. Nice to see you, CV?

Early start and swimming day (long lunch break). Must crack on.

NUFC69 Wed 19-Apr-17 07:17:34

Great thread title, Crem: thanks.

Our front door is black and I love it. The paint we have used the last twice we have decorated has been from Wilkos: a kind of chalky finish in the bedroom and washable stuff in the kitchen and boot room grin . It's very good quality.

Cloud, good luck today - it's very difficult, I sympathise. And how nice that you and DBro are taking DM out for lunch.

Herbs, first day is always the worst and yours sounds as if it went well.

Another day with the DGC (I was on my knees yesterday and slept like a log). We're going to a NT property, followed by the beach, playground and fish and chips. See you on the other side.

Rudymentary Wed 19-Apr-17 07:29:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rudymentary Wed 19-Apr-17 07:37:28

ACloudCoosHi Wed 19-Apr-17 08:09:22

Sorry. Meant to come back to you about front door colours.

We used to live at a number 13, so repainted our door a lovely pillar box red. It's a lucky colour for the Chinese, so we thought we'd try it. It worked for us!

Can't really recommend colours for others front doors without seeing pics.

Have just removed myself from FB having seen stuff I'd rather have not seen. Maybe I feel extra sensitive today. It's probably 30 mins a day that I'd like to claim back into my life.

magimedi Wed 19-Apr-17 08:13:47

I was so cheered to read about all your DCs who are so cross that they can't vote. Great to see some political enthusiasm.

DH took the knee to the Dr yesterday & Dr is quite confident that it will be OK in 7 weeks time. It does seem to be better & DH walked a third of the way up (& down) Beachy Head yesterday with no problems. SO am feeling more hopeful. He is also (at my insistence) going to see the physio for some treatment. Fingers crossed.

MrsWobble3 Wed 19-Apr-17 08:19:51

Sounds encouraging Magi. Like CV, I have a glossy black front door like Mrs May - and it even has a number 10 on it!

Rudymentary Wed 19-Apr-17 08:21:40

MrsWobble3 Wed 19-Apr-17 08:25:43

I forgot to mention Applebees (I think that's the name) which is a really nice fish restaurant in Borough Market. (For Cloud)

This thread is not accepting new messages.