Talk

Advanced search

Where to go for hair colour in London

(17 Posts)
Baconbinge Tue 18-Apr-17 11:35:46

I am interested in going to a salon to get my hair coloured. I have always dyed it at home, my natural colour is a dull mousey brown and i always try to change it to a richer chocolaty brown, so i have no idea where to start with going to a salon. I am fed up of the home dyes fading after a couple weeks and would like to treat myself to a professional colour. Would be great if anyone could help me with either of the following:

1. Any recommendations for hair colourists in London... something mid-range price scale.

2. What do i actually ask for?? I would like to darken my natural colour, but also quite interested in having a few highlights put it. What would this be called??

LockedOutOfMN Tue 18-Apr-17 23:46:03

When I lived in London, I went here. Ask for a darker colour overall with a few highlights. Taking along some photos can also help.

bananafish81 Tue 18-Apr-17 23:47:35

I go to The Lounge in Soho - can highly recommend

Baconbinge Wed 19-Apr-17 09:51:42

Thank you for your recommendations grin will check them both out. I work off Oxford Street so both are close by!

wombatthewarrior Wed 19-Apr-17 11:51:41

Can I recommend Four London, in Conduit Street. I've been going since the salon opened and have never been disappointed. The stylists always listen to what you want and make suggestions etc. Competitively priced for London.

beansbananas Wed 19-Apr-17 12:07:25

Hare and bone on great titchfield street are very good. They will advise you on your options for colouring.

Baconbinge Wed 19-Apr-17 16:37:43

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I have had a look and they all look brilliant, spoilt for choice now confused

oldestmumaintheworld Wed 19-Apr-17 16:39:00

I go to Abigail at Vidal Sassoon South Moulton St. The woman is a genius.

polyhymnia Wed 19-Apr-17 17:44:26

I go to Daniel Galvin in George St - excellent but not really 'mid-range'.

Baconbinge Thu 20-Apr-17 17:27:14

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have a consultation at Hare and Bone this evening, hopefully i will have more of an idea of what i want grin

AlistairSim Thu 20-Apr-17 17:31:36

I second Polyhymnia, ask for a consultation first. They are excellent.

applecharlotte Thu 20-Apr-17 17:35:04

My hair dresser is brilliant with colour. She's reasonable as well.
www.lydiakeen.com/

stream26 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:26:31

I love Hari's because they always treat me like a princesssmile
They do awesome highlights. Last time was caramel hairstylezz
I think if you colour your hair regularly, you could see even better results than I did. But even if you don’t, this may just give your hair that boost it needs to shine more brightly than Christmas lights at holiday parties.

AuntPol Sat 22-Apr-17 19:36:12

bacon, how did your consultation with hare & bone go?

I'm following with interest due to some recent hair colour disasters at local salons , so I'm wondering whether to just pay up for jo hansford...

wombatthewarrior Sun 23-Apr-17 09:28:56

AuntPol, the four colourists that make up Four London all came from Jo Hansford! I used to go to JH for many years then followed them when they started up FL!

AuntPol Sun 23-Apr-17 09:40:24

Ah, interesting, thank you wombat. I'll have a look at them too.

DameSquashalot Sun 23-Apr-17 09:50:56

I was going to suggest Daniel Galvin too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now