Talk

Advanced search

Bloodshot eyes every day

(9 Posts)
MrsMarigold Mon 17-Apr-17 21:51:26

My eyes don't feel dry but every day they are bloodshot, I have a healthy diet, rarely drink, don't take drugs, anyone got a solution.

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 21:55:42

Could be that you've started reacting to a particular product you're using? makeup, makeup remover, cream, cleanser. Hard to say.

I had an eyeliner that really upset my eyes but it took me quite a while to make the linkhmm

cromwell44 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:59:38

This started happening to me and I worked out that it was my foundation. I now use a BB cream for sensitive skin and the red eyes have gone.

MrsMarigold Tue 18-Apr-17 16:34:36

Thanks, they were particularly ghastly yesterday despite not wearing any make-up.

Softkitty2 Tue 18-Apr-17 20:49:58

There is an optrex eyedrop that is advertised meant to target this. Not sure if it actually works though

SilverHawk Tue 18-Apr-17 20:54:54

Antihistamine and eye-drops for allergy.
The pollen is sky high at the moment, all the trees are in flower. You only notice trees with blossom but a whole day out on Saturday and I had just the same sad
Also, wash your face when you come home. Eyebrows can collect the pollen, etc.

SilverHawk Tue 18-Apr-17 22:20:17

This applies to people without hay fever.

Chicinwellies Tue 18-Apr-17 23:03:08

Hmm, could it be blephorotis? If you can, ask an optician rather than your GP.

MrsMarigold Wed 19-Apr-17 16:37:38

Thanks for the suggestions, I have some sun damage too, which probably exacerbates it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now