Talk

Advanced search

Another wedding one!

(15 Posts)
CantChoose Mon 17-Apr-17 20:43:25

Please help!
My husband is best man at a wedding in two weeks so I'd like to look my best.
I usually wear this shape Hobbs dress and a bolero cardigan which flatters but ages me (I'm late 20s).
The crowd are a slightly alternative Brighton group and the wedding will be semi-formal. Not my usual comfort zone if I'm honest.
I'm a size 14/16 and hate my upper arms and tummy. I have decent legs and biggish boobs.
I usually wear skinny jeans and baggy tops to hide my stomach.
Any help would be most appreciated smile
I am very unlikely to see any of the guests again so would quite like to use the occasion to bush my boundaries a bit fashion-wise. Budget absolute max £250, ideally much less!

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 20:52:43

this looks great and would be very flattering but top end of budget. It's short on the model but she's 5'10', how tall are you?

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 20:53:59

(It's silk and has pockets too. Heavenly to wear.)

CantChoose Mon 17-Apr-17 21:06:12

That's beautiful! And def not something I'd usually wear. I think the shape would be ok for me too.
Im 5ft5 so hopefully a bit less mini on me!!
Will bear that in mind unless something cheaper comes along!

CantChoose Mon 17-Apr-17 21:06:52

Ah, the neckline might give me boob shelf :/

Laska5772 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:10:24

How abput Ted Baker?

another Ted Baker

Lots of other nice designs on the website

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 21:13:06

A high neckline can be really flattering with considerable norkage, it's not a cut that should be dismissed out of hand. Well, assuming both the bra and the fabric are good. TBH I think trinny and suzanne must take the blame.

How about this style? Comes in this colour too and a couple of other prints as well. There are a few rather lovely dresses on that site.

Laska5772 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:16:21

and another Skater this time

I just love this and completely different to your usual type

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 21:19:16

The TB dresses are nice (as they so often are) but there is really very little point in buying a sleeveless dress when uncomfortable with uncovered arms. It's invariably less comfortable, flattering and stylish and more expensive than going the extra mile to find something with actual sleeves.

Laska5772 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:25:17

actually MrsLettuce is right I missed the bit about your arms..
Mrs L I love that site you just linked to , havent heard of them before

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 21:29:12

They have a shop at Not On The Highstreet which is much easier to navigate than their own site. NOTHS doesn't link though.

sleeves probably too short but very nice if not

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 21:30:53

sleeves probably too short but very nice if not

(maybe NOTHS does link now, it didn't used to. here, maybe]].

Laska5772 Mon 17-Apr-17 21:34:39

Have you thought of Bombshell? lots of other options/colours and some quite good sale stuff

MrsLettuce Mon 17-Apr-17 21:45:32

I really like this. Great with large, bold, coloured jewelry and black shoes. Might not be quite your thing though. I don't think you mentioned your colouring. For some unknown reason I'm assuming blonde and paleconfused

CantChoose Mon 17-Apr-17 22:10:52

mrslettuce you are amazing! Thank you for all your effort!
I love the Reiss one, I cant pull off proper sleeveless without a cover up but even a small sleeve is usually ok. I'm sometimes a bit too fat for them but I live near a store so might try on.
I'm in fact dark haired and olive toned grin the b&w one makes me crosseyed!
laska I actually looked at TB, I like the blue skater but I'm put off that the blue in the top and bottom are mismatched, close enough that it looks like a mistake rather than deliberate iyswim. But also live near a store so might have a closer look. I love the bright stripe but I showed it to DH and he looked at me like I'd grown another head...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now