Talk

Advanced search

Fitflop fans - and anyone else - what do you think of these?

(19 Posts)
polyhymnia Mon 17-Apr-17 16:50:24

I have several FFs which I've found incredibly comfortable - more comfortable than anything else for a holiday involving lots of walking on hard pavements, cobbles, rough paths, ruins, etc. Do also have shoes from 'normal' brands, such as R and B, LKB, which I love, but for the moment comfort is a priority.

Want something reasonable stylish/ not actively frumpy as well, though, and I know there are quite a few FF fans on here - as well as plenty who hate them, of course! Like most footwear, they're divisive.
Could I just ask for honest views on these, please:

1. www.shoetique.co.uk/womens-c1/shoes-c28/fitflop-leather-tassel-superballerina-shoes-silver-p10594

2. www.fitflop.co.uk/en/womens/view-all-womens/silver/fitflop-florrie-superballerina-silver-%7C-fitflop-official-online-store/190035247737.html

3. www.fitflop.co.uk/en/womens/womens-sandals/gladdie-leather-lace-up-sandals%7C-fitflop-official-online-store/190035362218.html

1 and 2 both come in pale gold as well as silver. And I'll probably be buying one pair of ballerina type shoes and one of sandals, so 3 isn't really an either/or, it's an 'is this too fugly?'.

Lastly, really don't know what to make of these new knitted ones:
4. www.fitflop.co.uk/en/womens/view-all-womens/fitflop-uberknit-slip-on-ballerinas-black%2Fcharcoal-%7C-fitflop-official-online-store/190035463939.html

They've been promoting them heavily with Uma Thurman and I'm sure they wouldn't turn me into her. Less sure if they're awful or so weird they're cool/funky!

Hoppinggreen Mon 17-Apr-17 16:53:02

I like no 2 best
Hate 3 and think 4 are a bit weird. Meh about no 1

faustina Mon 17-Apr-17 16:56:22

Those gladdie ones don't have the same bouncy soles as the regular Fitflops. (I had some with the same kind of soles last year and gave them away in the end)

Also - John Lewis have the uberknit ones which I tried on and they were really big (and looked rubbish!)

Hope that helps!

ilovecherries Mon 17-Apr-17 17:04:29

I like 2 the best with regard to look, although I can't personally wear fitflop (or indeed any) ballerinas. Sandals I like the look of but not sure about the sole if comfort is the main driver. I (ssshhh) have a pair of the knitted ones. They are pretty hideous to look at but I have convinced myself they are quirky rather than hideous because they are SO comfortable.

polyhymnia Mon 17-Apr-17 17:19:46

Thanks, everyone so far. Very helpful.

The info on the sole of the Gladdies sandals not being the usual FF 'bouncy' one is really useful, faustina, as that's a big factor in the comfort of the sandals for me.

Ilove, a bit of me definitely thinks those knitted ones are 'ugly quirky' in a good way! Did you size down, as they apparently come up big? Which colour did you go for and would they be hopeless to wear outdoors in any of the rain which is a normal feature of the British summer?

Nellyphants Mon 17-Apr-17 17:36:43

I got the sandals last year without the bouncy soles, they were very uncomfortable. I like 2

loveka Mon 17-Apr-17 17:55:40

Number 2 are lovely. Hate the gladiator ones though. I love fit flops!!!

CointreauVersial Mon 17-Apr-17 18:27:59

I like 2 and 3.

4 are a bit fugly.

ilovecherries Mon 17-Apr-17 18:45:21

Poly I'm wearing a 7, which is the lower end of my 'normal' range of 7-8. I've got the black/white mix. They aren't rainwear, for sure, but I accidentally got caught in really heavy rain in them the other day. I did have soaking feet as the water just flowed through them - but on the other hand, they dried quickly with no signs of damage.

polyhymnia Mon 17-Apr-17 18:52:29

Thanks, Ilove - so if, I do decide to try them out as an 'extra', think I'll go for the 7 too, though usually take 8 in FFs and am a 'true' 41.Would go for the black ones too, for versatility and because they're quirky enough without being a bright colour as well!

polyhymnia Mon 17-Apr-17 20:56:44

Thanks everyone.

And a plea for any of you who have helped and have time to have a quick look at my other thread of today, in which I'm desperately trying to find the right outerwear for a family event (first communion) in a few weeks to let me have your views on that too.

QueenofLouisiana Mon 17-Apr-17 22:37:29

I have a pair of the ballerinas from about 7 years ago. I've worn them all day and been very comfy. I took them off 5 minutes ago having put them on at 8am!

user1471441955 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:41:53

Number 4 the best by far. Not keen on 1-3

BounceBounceSplishSplash Mon 17-Apr-17 22:49:42

I like 3 & 1 best. I think no. 2 are awful and the big flower is like something a 5 yr old girl would wear as party shoes.

The knitted ones - they look nice on Uma, probably not so much on me.

Cellardoor23 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:54:59

I have a pair of ballerina style fitflops too, but mine are blue and white. I've had them for about a year now and are very comfortable. My feet are awful and there's very few shoes I can wear without them being ripped to shreads (and look nice)

I would go for 1 or 2.

Cellardoor23 Mon 17-Apr-17 22:57:08

I have these ones

polyhymnia Tue 18-Apr-17 10:39:52

Thanks, everyone - useful. 2 seem to be the favourites, except with Bounce. Think I'll try them, probably in silver, which is my usual favourite.

I'm put off the Gladdies because of the unbouncy soles, so will look at other FF sandals.
And still a bit tempted just to try the Uberknits!

NevermetaGilesIlike Tue 18-Apr-17 15:16:41

Have you tried the Shuv ones? So comfortable-I have the red linen ones and the sole is covered up at the sides so they look nicer.

polyhymnia Tue 18-Apr-17 15:35:13

The Shuvs certainly look comfy and I agree the sole being covered at sides is a big plus, but I like to have a 'normal' back to my shoes, just as I only like sandals with backstraps, not slides or flipflops.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now