Talk

Advanced search

Skinny trousers - help!i

(13 Posts)
PaperdollCartoon Mon 17-Apr-17 12:28:30

I'm after some skinny (like jeans) trousers in and black and/or navy that are good quality, have some stretch in and will wear and wash well. I am short but happy to get the right ones taken up rather than going for petite styles. Really need stretch as although I'm only a size 12 I have curvy legs and a big bum, but not wide hips. Need to be nice enough for the office, happy to spend a bit more.

Why can I not find these? They're all either too rigid or shiny or just don't fit properly. Really good quality black jeans might also work if anyone has ideas for those?

langkaw Mon 17-Apr-17 12:29:43

Cos slim fit trousers are my absolute favourite. Very flattering and good quality.

PaperdollCartoon Mon 17-Apr-17 12:31:06

I've been eying Cos - I think I need to locate my nearest and go try some on. I live in a busy town centre but we seem to have every shop except Cos.

continues Mon 17-Apr-17 12:32:26

Have you tried Gap?

PaperdollCartoon Mon 17-Apr-17 12:33:36

I haven't actually, I've hardly been in Gap in years.

TroysMammy Mon 17-Apr-17 12:35:10

I've found the current trend for ankle grazers for "normal" height people fit my short legs perfectly. No need to look for petite sizes or have them taken up.

PaperdollCartoon Mon 17-Apr-17 12:38:53

TroysMammy yes I picked up some Zara 'crops' the other day that were about the right length for my legs. Will definitely keep an eye out for deliberately short trousers.

Waxlyrically Mon 17-Apr-17 12:40:24

I've just bought some Gap bi stretch skinny 7/8 trousers and they are an excellent fit and comfortable to wear. I have to use Gap on line as there are no shops near me anymore but they constantly have deals/codes you can use. I'm thinking of snapping up a second pair!

PaperdollCartoon Mon 17-Apr-17 12:50:38

Definitely sounds like Gap is a good idea. Planning a shopping trip to Kingston where there's a Gap, Cos and a UniQlo.

continues Mon 17-Apr-17 12:52:50

Love Kingston!

purplenights Mon 17-Apr-17 12:56:28

My sis-in-law buys men's skinny stretch chinos from Next Link

hollieberrie Mon 17-Apr-17 13:26:19

I have these too: Gap bi stretch skinny 7/8 trousers
I'm only 5ft1 and didnt need to take them up, there is a petite length you can order, but regular was ok too.

PaperdollCartoon Mon 17-Apr-17 14:30:24

Good to know Hollieberrie - I'm 5"2 and fairly in proportion so hopefully regular 7/8ths will be alright.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now