Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Short, hour-glass shape, big boobed women, what do you wear?

(19 Posts)
RonBurgundyspanpipe Mon 17-Apr-17 09:38:02

5ft 1inch, D cup, size 10-12, 36 yo.

Looking for a change from jeans, t-shirts and flat pumps and heels, pencil skirts and blouses for work. Budget is not huge though could invest in a few pieces. Looking for inspiration.

KanyesVest Mon 17-Apr-17 09:50:23

I'm 5ft2, about a 12, with GG boobs and I'm a bottom heavy hourglass/pear. I've recently discovered cropped culottes which seem to suit me. I either wear a big shirt in a contrasting colour or a linen T-shirt (slightly nicer finish than a regular T-shirt) tucked in. The culottes tend to have higher waists which can be a problem though as they hide my waist. Other than that, I find dresses are easiest, usually a-line. Skaters don't work for me. I'm really bored of all my clothes though, so I'll lurk for ideas!

andintothefire Mon 17-Apr-17 12:16:37

I would invest in some nice fitted v neck t-shirts. They seem to work well over a very well fitted bra and will make your figure look great. You can wear them either with jeans (though I don't think jeans work brilliantly for my similar figure so I normally wear skirts) or, if they are smarter, with skirts for work.

In terms of skirts, I am actually a fan of pencil skirts. However, I tend to buy them in more interesting colours or patterns. I have recently invested in a slightly above the knee denim skirt, which I find more flattering than jeans for casual wear.

For me, the best dresses are v neck and either with a fitted waist or worn with a belt to pull in the waist. I need them to be slightly stretchy because these seem to work best with my DD boobs. Again, just above the knee seems to work best although I do have shorter dresses which I wear with black tights.

RonBurgundyspanpipe Mon 17-Apr-17 12:23:12

Thanks, I was thinking tea dresses or similar for work. Smart but still casual. Any recommendations from the high street, I struggle with internet shopping as sizes vary so much.

Kanye have you got a link for the cropped culottes and what shoes do you wear with them?

KanyesVest Mon 17-Apr-17 13:13:11

I can't find links for either pair I have (cream ones from Therapy, black from gap) but they are similar to these. I wear them with brogues, converse, or heels depending on the rest of the outfit. I find them really versatile.

I think I'm a bit odd as style rules go, but I find midi length is better on me than the usual above the knee, and I think v- or scoop-necks just draw attention to my boobs and boat or slash round necks are much better on me.

RonBurgundyspanpipe Mon 17-Apr-17 19:45:34

Just got nice straight legged work pants from H&M and some fitted t shirts. Also a couple of nice patterned shirts from there too.

Got an A line black patterned dress with belt in DP for £12. Will wear with black tights as legs are so pale. Still very black and grey, would have preferred more colour but I seem drawn to neutrals.

RonBurgundyspanpipe Mon 17-Apr-17 19:46:33

Agree with v necks being no good for big boobs, creates too much cleavage on me.

I wear a lot of pencil skirts to work, but I also like full skirts with a fairly fitted jacket. Slim leg trousers with a plain top and a blazer (worn open). Jersey dresses - this sort of thing with a cami underneath

andintothefire Mon 17-Apr-17 20:54:57

It's interesting re necks on t shirts. Maybe it depends on your figure? I find higher neck t shirts make me look a bit "matronly", whereas v necks make it clear that I have two separate boobs! But then again I have given up on trying to hide my breasts (a hopeless endeavour!) so just embrace them now. Whatever neck style suits you, anyway, I do think that fitted t shirts are a great investment. And agree that H&M do good ones.

I love tea dresses but just struggle to find any that really fit me well. They are never quite stretchy enough so I prefer a more jersey fabric (as Remus suggests). Also agree that camis are very useful for lower cut or wrap dresses.

Well done on your successful shopping anyway!

PugwallsSummer Mon 17-Apr-17 21:23:59

I'm 5ft size 10, FF cup.

I tend to live in jeans - slim or boyfriend. I do now own a pair of Mom jeans which are also surprisingly flattering given the high waist!.

A casual outfit might be slim jeans with a Breton or V neck top and dainty converse/toms

Smart casual might be boyfriend jeans with flat ankle strap pointed shoes, a boxy top and oversized trench coat, or a cotton blousy top and leather jacket.

Night out might be black slim jeans, cami top and loose boyfriend blazer with heels & a clutch bag (on most recent night out wore mom jeans with black v-neck bodysuit and boyfriend blazer)

Still working on my style though so will watch with interest...

RonBurgundyspanpipe Mon 17-Apr-17 22:02:50

Mom jeans??? Need a link smile

PugwallsSummer Tue 18-Apr-17 08:14:28

Never linked before so not sure if this will work.

Mine are a little darker and don't have any rips, but otherwise similar in fit to these. Bought from Primark. I think the high waist accentuates an hourglass figure.

MaryLennoxsScowl Tue 18-Apr-17 09:25:28

I second the mom jeans - they fit your waist instead of squashing your hips like low or mid rise jeans. Wear with a fitted or cropped top, the idea is to have the cropped top meet the waist band of the jeans, not to expose your tummy. Unless you really want it to, but I tend not to! Also, being short, a crop top isn't that short on me, usually waist level rather than just under the boobs. This is a great length for me as longer tops can make me look shapeless because my boobs and hips are wider. This means less bulk on your best bit, the waist. Also like culottes. Stretchy pencil skirts are good on me, with a fine knit jumper. Also, shorts, if you like your legs. A long sleeved stretchy fitted t-shirt suits me, I got some in H&M recently with a gently scooped neck - not low enough to show cleavage but enough to show collarbones. I find it difficult to find dresses that fit without being overly girly, I don't do tea dresses and pretty florals or stretch jersey. I like drapey dresses but they don't like me! I also can't do anything buttoned up to the collar.

RonBurgundyspanpipe Tue 18-Apr-17 09:38:10

There are some nice short tops with ties in the front that might go with mom jeans? Am I just looking for high waisted jeans?

TheHodgeoftheHedge Tue 18-Apr-17 09:55:14

Bravissimo! if you have boobs, they are an absolute godsend for work style clothing. Their customer service is fab and returns are super easy.
www.bravissimo.com/collections/all-clothing/

MaryLennoxsScowl Tue 18-Apr-17 10:46:33

Tie front tops sound good - and yes, you probably are just looking for high-waisted jeans but I find skinny high-rise pull themselves down a lot, I might just not have found the right ones though!

KanyesVest Tue 18-Apr-17 11:12:47

I can't do cropped tops at all, they just hang like a circus tent from my boobs.

Has bravissimo's quality improved? I returned almost everything about 2 years ago as it was insanely expensive for polyester.

Sorry, I'm very negative today!

thethoughtfox Tue 18-Apr-17 14:01:26

Some Bravissimo tops even the simple t shirt / jumpers make me look thinner because there isn't excess material.

I've bought a few things from Bravissimo this year, for the first time. I've only bought the viscose jersey stuff, and so far the quality has been good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now