Talk

Advanced search

Face skin problem

(9 Posts)
Frith2013 Mon 17-Apr-17 09:16:00

Have never been interested in my appearance, used anything other than soap and water etc.

I've been outside a lot over the past few months and my face is dry and sort of inflamed looking. (Like I've taken some fine sandpaper to it).

What would you recommend? Must be cheap. Also, prone to spots and allergic to strawberries, melon, kiwi etc so would probably have to steer clear from stuff containing those.

Thanks in advance!

DevelopingDetritus Mon 17-Apr-17 09:22:16

I found Dr Organics tea tree face wash from Holland a Barrett very mild, I also get almond oil from there for a moisturiser too.

DevelopingDetritus Mon 17-Apr-17 09:25:02

I know it a bit on the dear side but it's a big tube and you don't need much for a wash, once a day.

nicelyneurotic Mon 17-Apr-17 09:52:23

I have sensitive spot-prone skin and love boots botanics gel wash and serums. I also love the loreal micellar water. All very inexpensive

LegoCaltrops Mon 17-Apr-17 09:59:18

I like La Roche Posay Toleriane cleanser. Can rinse it off (as I do) or use as a normal cleanser with cotton wool apparently. Good for most skin types, it's often on offer. It's not the cheapest but it goes quite a long way.

bunnybleu Mon 17-Apr-17 11:04:38

I like Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser, and they do a cold cream bar (like a soap) which is also gentle if you like to wash your face.
Also very good (I tried this after it was recommended on here) is Oilatum Natural Face Repair cream. Boots sell it (they'll order it if it's not in store). It soothes and repairs but isn't greasy or heavy.

JoJoSM2 Mon 17-Apr-17 11:09:10

La Roche Posay and Avene do fab stuff. you could get a gentle wash + moisturiser for about £20 on special offer. I wouldn't go for the cheapest stuff if possible as it isn't great (can't see that it'd be much better than soap).

JoJoSM2 Mon 17-Apr-17 11:10:29

PS You could also try some natural masks made with stuff found in the kitchen (no particular recommendations as I don't use them).

OutToGetYou Mon 17-Apr-17 11:16:13

Do you use sunblock every day? You should, it might be sunburn causing the dryness if you're outside a lot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now