Talk

Advanced search

Call a fashion ambulance. Pear shaped casualty.

(12 Posts)
VivienneEastwood Sun 16-Apr-17 22:07:22

Des^Pear^ately seeking fabulously boring slimline trousers, in either black or navy.
I've been thinking of ordering either Boden Richmonds or Hobbs Amandas but I cannot be bothered sending stuff back.
Any fellow pears care to share their trouser triumphs with me?

YoullNeverWeeAlone Sun 16-Apr-17 22:08:45

Following.

Happycow Sun 16-Apr-17 22:22:29

Phase eight! Always seem to have a decent amount of lycra to work round my --massive curvy bum, but material is thick enough to look good quality and wash well.

Fozzleyplum Sun 16-Apr-17 22:45:07

Boden Richmonds are good - albeit slightly generous on the waist.

Misty9 Sun 16-Apr-17 22:50:21

I've got some hobbs black slimline trousers. Not sure of the name though. I'm 5'10" and size 14 and they fit well.

VivienneEastwood Mon 17-Apr-17 11:08:47

Thanks for the replies.
I might try the Hobbs ones before the boden then- I hate the gapey waist thing that us🍐 shapes always get.

thedevilinablackdress Mon 17-Apr-17 11:29:32

Find a pair you like and spend a wee bit extra to get them tailored. Seriously the best trouser-related discovery I have made. No more gapey waists!

thedevilinablackdress Mon 17-Apr-17 11:29:45

Find a pair you like and spend a wee bit extra to get them tailored. Seriously the best trouser-related discovery I have made. No more gapey waists!

VivienneEastwood Mon 17-Apr-17 14:57:13

Good idea thedevil I might resort to that if I really cannot find some off the peg.
I'll try Hobbs first.

ActuallyThatsSUPREMECommander Mon 17-Apr-17 14:59:39

I agree - buy a nice pair that fit your arse at a good price and get them fitted. You could drive yourself mad looking for a pair that fit off the peg.

KittyB52 Mon 17-Apr-17 15:30:28

I got a great navy pair from John Lewis. Flat front, no bulky pocket details, a decent amount of stretch. Can't find them online, but worth a look if you're near a store.

vitaminC Mon 17-Apr-17 15:48:23

I'm an hourglass, but with an identical trousers problem. I usually buy from department stores that offer free alterations and get them taken in at the waist!

I've just bought THESE, however, which fit perfectly with no alterations and are extremely flattering. I already own a very similar pair from the same brand but in cream, which I love to bits - they are machine washable, dry almost instantly on a hanger and don't need ironing. They're really versatile and I can wear them for work, casual and also for going out.

I don't know if they ship to the UK, or if you can find the brand in-store somewhere, but if you can, I heartily recommend them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now