Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Links of London

(40 Posts)
Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 20:39:28

I really like some of the pieces from there but I don't know anyone who has any Links of London jewellery to ask. Do a y of you have any and what is the quality like and is it worth the price? Which pieces do you recommend?

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 20:44:40

I have quite a few links pieces and love them all. Think they are very good value for money.

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 20:44:54

Duchess of Cambridge wears Links

Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 20:45:49

Thankyou mrshave they lasted well?

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 20:46:52

I have these and wear them all the time. Love, love LOVE them.

Doilooklikeatourist Sun 16-Apr-17 20:47:54

I've got a sweetie bracelet which I rather like 😀
It's on very strong elastic , is easy to wear ( I hate bracelets that move and get in the way , and the medium fits me perfectly without leaving marks )

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 20:48:04

Yes, I wear the above every day. The only time they don't last is when I take them off and lose the earring backs!!

I really want one of their charm braclets but DH hasn't been getting my hints!! angry

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sun 16-Apr-17 20:48:19

I got bought a links bracelet for my 30th birthday and 9 years later it still looks like new

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 20:49:24

I would choose silver Links of London over white gold Tiffany's any day.

Doilooklikeatourist Sun 16-Apr-17 20:49:58

I ordered mine for DH to give me for Christmas on Black Friday as there was £30 off ( I think , good price cut anyway )

uggmum Sun 16-Apr-17 20:52:06

I've got various items from Links. I have 5 bracelets, 2 rings and some earrings.
My dh has some cufflinks.

I love all of them. They have worn really well and look like new. One of the bracelets is worn all the time. I haven't removed it for over a year and it looks great.

Look out for offers. They regularly have between 10-20% off.

Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 20:53:06

I like the earrings and I really want a sweetie bracelet! I have big wrists though so not sure whether the large would be big enough? I need at least an 8 inch bracelet. Also I like them plain, do you have to wear them with charms or do you think they look silly plain? Do any of you know if the silver is nickel free? I have sensitive skin.

TurnipCake Sun 16-Apr-17 20:54:11

I have a dreamcatcher necklace and engraved compact mirror, both are very well made and have stood the test of time

Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 20:56:12

Mrs would you say they are better than Tiffany's? I bought my DD a Return to Tiffany ring for her birthday and it turned her finger green! I bought it from the official website so it was genuine. I'm hoping Links is better quality.

uggmum Sun 16-Apr-17 20:57:08

At the moment if you spend £200 you get £50 off.

Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 20:57:52

I like the dreamcatcher pieces.

Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 20:58:39

Thanks ugg will have a look at that!

Doilooklikeatourist Sun 16-Apr-17 21:43:32

I've ppm sweetie bracelet is medium and fits me fine ( I did go into a links store and try them on )
They make them in between sizes if you buy in store as well , and as it's on elastic , it must be easy to size them up and down a bit
I wear mine a lot , and don't get the green marks you get from cheap silver , so I'm guessing it's pretty good quality

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 21:51:27

Turned her finger green?! That's horrendous!

I've never had silver from Tiffany and only silver from Links and there's definitely never been any greenage. It's good quality, solid stuff.

MrsHenryWales Sun 16-Apr-17 21:52:17

You won't regret it, honestly.

Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 21:53:22

That's good if they can alter sizes. I have always liked the sweetie style, everyone I know wears Pandora. We are a bit rural here so it would be nice to wear something that not everyone else is wearing, where I live anyway! I think I may invest as you all have given some positive feedback which I was hoping to hear grin

Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 21:56:07

I know! We were both shocked and disappointed. It shattered my illusions about Tiffany and I didn't expect a £120 ring to turn her skin green!

user1484603141 Sun 16-Apr-17 21:59:49

There is an official Links shop on eBay, had quite a few charms from there.

silkpyjamasallday Sun 16-Apr-17 22:11:04

I got given a sweetie bracelet as birthday present a few years ago, and because of the way the beads are flat against each other and the strength of the elastic it would pinch/pluck the hairs on my arms when unmoved or brushed it against something and my god it hurts! Stopped wearing it, no idea where it is now. However maybe I just have hairy arms? My mum has one and hasn't had this problem

Whiterabbitears Sun 16-Apr-17 22:17:20

Oh that's not good! I really like the friendship bracelet but am not sure if the fabric part would fray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now