Talk

Advanced search

I have bloodless, pale lips.... Which lipstick to make me look alive?

(24 Posts)
EleanorRigbysNeice Sun 16-Apr-17 17:06:43

I have real pallor. I have a lifeless face, without makeup or at the very least, blusher. What can I put on my lips to look alive without being overdone? I can't use Mac or Bobbi Brown lippies as I don't like the scent. Also, I'd like something which is quite long lasting as when it's worn off, I'm back to nearly white lips again. (I must have peculiar circulation).

I'd appreciate some suggestions.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Sun 16-Apr-17 17:09:31

Maybe try a naturalish pink? No 7 can match you. You can always upgrade to a more ££ one if you like the result. I used to think I didn't suit pink, until I realised my natural lips were pink, so [duh].

highinthesky Sun 16-Apr-17 17:15:10

The No 7 lip colours are surprisingly garish.

LoupGarou Sun 16-Apr-17 17:17:15

Benefit's Posie Tint is brilliant for adding colour without looking overdone, on me one light coat under a smidge of vaseline (as I have very dry lip) is a my lips but better look iyswim. You can make it as pale or as dark as you like by layering. I love all of Benefits tint range.

Scribblegirl Sun 16-Apr-17 17:17:32

I'd go with Benetint from Benefit. It's a reddish stain that (weird fact alert) was originally designed for strippers to add to their areolas to make them more attractive to punters when they were pale of nipple grinwink it just gives you a 'bitten' look that isnt too OTT. Less full on than a lippie and has good staying power as it's a stain. Can also be used on cheeks which makes it more cost effective!

Scribblegirl Sun 16-Apr-17 17:17:50

X with loup!

TroysMammy Sun 16-Apr-17 17:19:59

I use Rimmel amethyst shimmer for daytime use. It's a medium pink and makes my face look alive.

LoupGarou Sun 16-Apr-17 17:22:27

Great minds scribble wink. I heard about the nipple usage. I, ahem, tried it once in drunken curiosity. Those punters must have had weird tastes unless I got it really wrong blush

Gah81 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:23:31

Chanel lipstick in Romantic (think it is one of the Rouge Allure but you should be able to figure it out from the name). Perfect pinky brown.

I think though that what would really help is figuring out whether you are warm or cool toned? If cool-toned, a cool ish pink would look fab, if warm-toned then a warm pink (like Romantic above) is perfect.

Matching the tone should in itself help make you look more alive!

IHeartKingThistle Sun 16-Apr-17 17:24:12

I have the same issue. I love benetint but find it really drying. I have a lot of tinted lip balms! And often just go for it with red lippy.

BusterGonad Sun 16-Apr-17 17:28:47

I also think a Benefit product, one of the lip balm thingys.

ToothTrauma Sun 16-Apr-17 17:29:33

The Benebalms are fab. Also try Pixi lipsticks in a natural pink smile

bingohandjob Sun 16-Apr-17 17:42:44

This is in Honey is flattering - I'm very pale and this looks good. Easy to apply, long lasting www.superdrug.com/Revlon/Revlon-Just-Bitten-Kissable-Balm-Stain-Honey-1/p/487555

Sidge Sun 16-Apr-17 17:48:45

I'm the same and I've discovered Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede lipsticks - non drying and a nice range of colours. Colour 025 (I forget the name) is natural. 070 is good for a stronger colour.

Thecontentedcat Sun 16-Apr-17 17:50:04

Charlotte tilbury bitch perfect is good but depends on your colouring

ZaziesPaws Sun 16-Apr-17 17:55:22

Barry M Colour Changing Lip Paint in either Genie or Neptune. They act a bit like a stain (especially Genie) and are a slightly different color on everyone as they interact with your lips to change colour.

Not long lasting, but Burts Bees or Korres tinted lipbalms are excellent for a bit of non-drying colour and easy to carry around and reapply frequently.

I love Benefit's tints for cheeks, but find they feel horrible on my lips.

The No 7 longlasting lipsticks are good but the colour selection is pretty poor, unfortunately.

marthastew Sun 16-Apr-17 18:43:26

I have an M and S Rosie Lip Glossy pencil in Supermodel Smile. Great colour and because it's a chubby pencil, easy to put on and still quite casual looking.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/lip-glossy-lights-camera-action-2-5g/p/p22445250?image=SD077_T2252255_JTXX_EC_0&color=SUPERMODELSMILE&prevPage=plp&pdpredirect

EleanorRigbysNeice Sun 16-Apr-17 21:17:48

Wow! Lots of advice and very swiftly! Will have a look at your suggestions 😊

carrie74 Mon 17-Apr-17 02:53:02

Lipstick Queen in Frog Prince is a green colour that reacts to your colouring to turn the perfect pink. I find it really moisturising AND long lasting, unique for me.

fabulousfrancesca Mon 17-Apr-17 03:30:04

I love Clinique black honey for a little bit of colour.

Cheesymonster Mon 17-Apr-17 06:45:44

Dior lip glow is like a tinted lip balm and turns a nice healthy pink colour. Expensive but lasts ages.

EleanorRigbysNeice Fri 28-Apr-17 17:07:11

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I tried the Dior Lip Glow...very nice but not long lasting (then I don't think it's meant to be?). Found the long lasting No7 a bit drying. I bought a Clinique one called Pink Spice which is billed as long lasting. It does leave a bit of the shade behind when it wears off and it's a MLBB, for me as it's a bluish pink. (And as I've said...I am blue in hue 😉)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now