Talk

Advanced search

Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a moisturiser

(4 Posts)
LuckyAmy1986 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:58:40

Does anyone do this? I keep reading rave reviews about it, my skin looks a little dull just wondered if this was worth trying? I mean on my face by the way! Thanks

Floisme Sun 16-Apr-17 17:03:46

Yes, I have sensitive skin and when I get a really bad reaction, it's sometimes the only thing my face will tolerate. I prefer the 'light' variety so I don't smell like a salad bowl. I also like almond oil and wheatgerm oil.

LuckyAmy1986 Sun 16-Apr-17 17:06:37

Do you use it every night, and how is your skin when you wake up? Has it ever made you break out?

Floisme Sun 16-Apr-17 19:32:24

I alternate between olive oil, almond oil and wheatgerm oil as my standard moisturiser both night and morning. I add a sunscreen on top in the mornings and that's it. I've done this for about the last 5 years, ever since I got a bad reaction from some unknown skin product. I should add that I'm 60 so I have ageing, fairly dry skin and breakouts aren't an issue any more! But my skin feels soft and, all things considered, it's in pretty good nick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now