Talk

Advanced search

H&M jeans sizing

(10 Posts)
TestingTestingWonTooFree Sun 16-Apr-17 16:47:41

I've loved my H&M maternity jeans and am wondering whether to buy some non maternity jeans for post pregnancy. Does anyone know what the sizing is like? In maternity they seemed to be 1-2 sizes smaller than other high street shops. (Perhaps I should just go to gap which I liked before and seem to run big).

StripyBlanket Sun 16-Apr-17 19:42:13

I really like H&M jeans. In shops like M&S I am a size 12 or 14. In H&M I take the 31 inch waist.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Mon 17-Apr-17 06:17:16

Thanks Stripy. I never know what waist size I am and at 38 weeks pregnant it's worse than usual. I might see if I can order a handful to try on and just return them if they're no good.

Semaphorically Mon 17-Apr-17 06:23:03

I've found their super stretchy jeans really good post pregnancy, they are accommodating my tummy as it slowly returns to normal and they are sooooo comfortable. I'm just in my normal pre-pregnancy size but they are quite snug (probably should size up!).

ClinkyMonkey Mon 17-Apr-17 09:12:54

I'm normally a 12-14 in most places, but my skinny jeans from H&M, which I love, are a 16.

delilahbucket Mon 17-Apr-17 09:19:09

I have found I am the same size in h and m as I am in most other places, a 12. They do come up slightly smaller though, but not as small as Primark.

CoffeeAndOranges Mon 17-Apr-17 10:48:04

H&M size their clothes differently to most other high street places for some reason- in most shops a 38 would be a 10, in H&M its a 12. So I tend to go for a size up.

Spam88 Mon 17-Apr-17 10:57:34

I go two sizes up in H&M (for both normal and maternity jeans).

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Mon 17-Apr-17 10:59:56

I bought size 10 jeans online from H&M as that's what I normally buy in other shops. Could not even get my legs into them, let alone as far as getting them over my hips. I think they come up very small.

Trills Mon 17-Apr-17 11:00:51

Don't buy jeans "for post pregnancy" while you are 38 weeks pregnant. Wait until you actually need to wear them.

You don't know what size or shape you will be.

H&M jeans might end up being completely wrong even in the "right" size if they don't suit your new proportions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now