Talk

Advanced search

Spring jacket

(11 Posts)
Shopgirl1 Sun 16-Apr-17 14:11:36

Looking for a new jacket / Anorak and not having much...saw a nice one in Next but a close friend got it first. Needs to be casual enough to wear with jeans, have a hood, ideally cover my bum with a waist to it. Waterproof, but not a rain jacket, is like a bit of warmth.
Quite like the Joules coast jacket, but wondering what else is out there that I might be missing...

Shopgirl1 Sun 16-Apr-17 14:12:09

Having much luck should have been the first line

Lucked Sun 16-Apr-17 14:15:32

Whispers.

Per Una have jackets quite like Joules coast jacket.. but you didn't hear it from me.

Greenvalleymama Sun 16-Apr-17 15:50:18

A softshell jacket? I have a lovely soft grey one from H&M a few years ago, similar to this one..
www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0454220006.html#Dark grey marl

carrotcakecupcake Sun 16-Apr-17 15:57:48

I love my Seasalt jacket, though can't remember the style name helpful. I have the longer length one and it has a super hood (can't deal with the faff of a brolly).

Greenvalleymama Sun 16-Apr-17 16:02:50

Can you link to the Next one so we can see the kind of thing you were looking for?
I'm going for this one (no hood, and probably not long or warm enough for you though!) www.whitestuff.com/womens/coats-jackets/jackets/black-chia-stripe-jacket/

jeaux90 Sun 16-Apr-17 16:27:44

Lightweight Parker style? I have one from autograph a couple of years old now but great for the spring with jeans

Shopgirl1 Sun 16-Apr-17 20:32:56

This is the next one
www.next.ie/en/g7576s5#972264

I can't get it as a good friend has the orange version and we are together enough that it would look silly. I like the red colour of it too, but too similar. Also my experience with Next in recent years is such that I dong trust the quality, would prefer to spend a bit more for something I would get a good few years out of.

I love the H&M hoodie posted, it's not what I'm looking for now, but thinking of ordering it as I think I would get use out of it.
Will check out Saltwater, I've seen that grand mentioned here, but never owned anything from there.

CointreauVersial Sun 16-Apr-17 21:25:42

How about this from Tu Sainsbury's?

And another.

Shopgirl1 Sun 16-Apr-17 21:40:56

Thanks, like the first one, second one is longer than I want. Colour of first one is lovely actually...

SesameSparkle Sun 16-Apr-17 22:16:37

You could have a look at the seasalt seafolly. Fully waterproof and lots of colours to choose from. I think it's a decent alternative to that joules one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now