Talk

Advanced search

Dyeing hair - advice please!

(3 Posts)
Rosie70 Sun 16-Apr-17 11:40:15

Posted this in Chat but realised here is better. I am about to dye my hair but I have never done it before so I am nervous! I have golden brown hair, I really like my natural colour, but I now have quite a few pesky greys at the sides, front and crown that I want to cover. They are quite coarse, springy and obvious so spray colours and powders are no longer enough. I have bought Clairol Nice N Easy Semi Permanent that lasts up to 24 shampoos. Have gone for Light Golden Brown. Did the allergy test 2 days ago. About to do strand test but confused. Instructions say to leave colour on strand for 25 minutes, then check colour. Then keep checking every few minutes up to 50 minutes. But the instructions for when you actually dye your hair say leave on for 15 minutes? Why such a difference?

Also can i use a toothbrush just to target the grey areas rather than doing full head? Or is this destined for failure? I don't want to change my colour just hide the greys. Thank you!

SesameSparkle Sun 16-Apr-17 17:30:50

I've never done a strand test so can't help with that part. But when I dye my own hair I just do my roots around the hairline and crown, and target with a tint brush. You can also use the tail of the brush to section off bits of your hair as you go.

garmsfresh Sun 16-Apr-17 17:34:22

Best thing to do is not dye your own hair ✌🏽ever ! Especially if your nervous .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now