Talk

Advanced search

Skin Treatment

(15 Posts)
FishyGill Sat 15-Apr-17 22:52:50

Can anyone recommend a treatment to somehow get rid of the top layer of skin on my face or really scrub it/laser it/kill it?

My skin is clear as in no dryness, spots or anything but it just feels a bit shitty. It's kind of rough even though it's not dry and doesn't have any kind of healthy glow to it.

RubyWoooooooo Sat 15-Apr-17 22:53:39

Marking place as am in exactly same position.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 15-Apr-17 22:57:24

have you tried a gentle acid toner? I cleanse with a good balm, acid tone and moisturise everyday, it has helped my skin massively.. I use pixi glow tonic everyday and Alpha H liquid gold 1-2 times a week.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 15-Apr-17 23:02:43

DD used a face mask on me , MasqueBar (they're 3 for £10 in Boots) not the sheet one but a black charcoal one.

Once its dry and you peel it...bloody hell you feel every pore when it comes off (I think it waxes my top lip too ) Good for non sensitive skin , not if you have any redness or capillaries I wouldn't think (though there's loads in the range, different ones for different skin types)

Are you looking for cheap'n'cheerful from local chemist or salon or proper full on Salon type intensive ?
I'm guessing killing your skin is the last resort wink

Dontsayyouloveme Sat 15-Apr-17 23:04:38

Chemical peel I would imagine but don't take my word for it.im too scared to have one!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 15-Apr-17 23:05:16

YY PixiGlow. I bought a £10 bottle from M&S , still using it (not every day , maybe 1-2 week ) It does make my skin smoother.

And my old favourite ....water. Loads.
Slice of lemon too if ya like.

Tantpoke Sat 15-Apr-17 23:08:24

Yes an acid toner should help you here. The ones music has suggested. Try pixi tonic first, evenings only to start off with.
You must wear sunscreen everyday once you start using acid toners as they very gently take off dead skin cells rejuvenating your skin which becomes susceptible to uva / uvb. So you don't want to undo all your work by getting wrinkles from the sun.

HLBug Sat 15-Apr-17 23:08:49

If you can afford it then invest in a clarisonic - I had a trial of one this week and I genuinely still can't believe the difference it has made.

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 15-Apr-17 23:14:53

Tantpoke I just came back here to mention the sunscreen after using the acid toners, but you beat me to it smile also yes to only once a day to start off with, introduce t gradually to your regime.

FishyGill Sat 15-Apr-17 23:18:10

I have nearly a full bottle of pixi left as my skin just didn't get on with it at all. I used the Estée Lauder night repair treatment along with weekly Paula's Choice retinol treatment and a BHA treatment.

I use a good moisturiser and sunscreen every day, drink loads of water and take all kind of vitamins & supplements but it's just like there's something missing, like a real dullness to my skin.

I've seen lots of those charcoal masks used on Facebook and they look brutal. Are they not painful, 70?

I think at this stage I'm willing to try a more extreme measure like a chemical peel but I too am scared as I don't know anyone who's had it done.

I could certainly start with some face masks/treatments to see if that does the trick first though.

FishyGill Sat 15-Apr-17 23:19:00

I have a cheap version of the clarisonic and it's nice but doesn't do anything special. Maybe I should invest in one!

MusicToMyEars800 Sat 15-Apr-17 23:46:19

have you tried Alpha H? it is really good, also the clarins beauty flash balm worked really well for brightening and giving my skin a nice glow

FishyGill Sun 16-Apr-17 00:36:32

I haven't tried the Alpha H, is it different to the pixi glow?

I'm wondering if it might be to do with a recent change in contraceptive pill. I used to be able to do my weekly deep cleanse and I'd feel glowy afterwards but now nothing seems to give that feel. My skin is clean and clear but just shitty, it's weird.

MusicToMyEars800 Sun 16-Apr-17 18:26:48

it is stronger than pixi, it does a really good job, if you want an intensive treatment from it, it's best not to follow with a moisturiser.
www.lookfantastic.com/alpha-h-liquid-gold-100ml/10243506.html. It could be contraception if you've changed recently, my contraceptive pill has ruined my skin but it's the only one I can have sad

MusicToMyEars800 Sun 16-Apr-17 18:39:19

www.feelunique.com/p/Korres-Wild-Rose-24-Hour-Moisturising-Brightening-Cream-Normal-to-Dry-Skin-SPF6-40ml
this is a really good moisturiser it made my skin look brighter, I have oily/combination skin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now