Talk

Advanced search

Castor Oil (S&B useage)

(9 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 15-Apr-17 17:08:01

I have read about people using Castor Oil on eyelashes and eyebrows and always thought "Eurgh no, never"

But.....I'm warming to the idea.
I have rubbish eyelashes and even worse eyebrows (I accept responsibilty for the brows , I got tweezer happy in my teens/twenties when it was the fashion. Now they're too scared/meh/lazy to grow)

I've tried a QVC brow/lash serum in the past and it did work to be fair , but its an ongoing and £££ process.

So, Castor Oil.: Its in one of the Shea Shampoos in Boots (I think Black Castor Oil if that makes a difference)
There's some photos on line of before/after brows/lashes which have inspired me. They use an old mascara bottle (I have disposeable mascara wands I can use )
And , I could apply to my hair, put on my showercap (oh the glamour) and have a scalp treatment , yes?

So- anyone use it ? If its a "Go" then a trip to H&B will be in order .

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 15-Apr-17 21:12:57

Bump

Parisinthespring Sat 15-Apr-17 21:22:06

Well, having read about castor oil for eyelashes on here and realising that it's a hell a lot cheaper than revitalash, a couple of weeks ago I went to my local independent chemist to buy some. Couldn't find it so had to ask. She most indignantly told me they don't sell it and looked me up and down!!! She thought I was going to swallow it!! I was so embarrassed. Then the one on Amazon is an 'additional item' only. Bloody difficult stuff to get hold of grin

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 15-Apr-17 23:09:04

Its on the Holland & Barrett website - I'll give them the Evil Eye if they suggest I'm going to drink it ( what with my IBS , I'd never leave the bathroom ) grin

Lanaa Sat 15-Apr-17 23:46:03

You can. It it in African/Caribbean and sometimes Asian beauty shops. The best type is Jamaican black castor oil. It really does work on eyebrows and lashes. It's great for the hair to, but if you have none Afro hair I'd use as a treatment only.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 21-Apr-17 19:00:25

I managed to get a bottle from H&B (Cold Pressed by unicorns by the ££ of it)

I've decanted some into small bottles for DD and I , kept the rest sealed and in a dark cupboard.

The mascara brushes are sort of rubbery so I can really work it into the brows ( with my eyelashes I don't know if its meant to go onto the skin too)

Definately going to try on my hair. Plastic showercap is my friend here .

MitzyLeFrouf Sun 23-Apr-17 03:29:18

You don't need to bother applying it with a mascara wand, it can only stimulate pre existing follicles so don't worry that hairs will start appearing from random parts of your face. I just rub it on. And it does work.

MrsLogicFromViz Sun 23-Apr-17 15:23:11

I have just bought a small bottle from FleaBay. Here's hoping that I don't look like the lovechild of Dennis Healey and Bert from Sesame Street.

Auldspinster Sun 23-Apr-17 15:59:44

I got some from an indian grocer's for a couple of quid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now