Talk

Advanced search

What to wear with this skirt?

(12 Posts)
stumblymonkeyremix Sat 15-Apr-17 16:52:13

I went to Gunwharf Quays outlet shopping centre yesterday and picked up a white floral midi skirt from Mint Velvet.

It's a bit massively on the tight side at the moment but hoping to wear it for my birthday in August (as I'm losing weight for my wedding in December).

Not sure what sort of top to wear with it?

I'd definitely want to cover at least the very top of my arms so wouldn't want anything sleeveless. I'm 34 and will hopefully be about a size 16 by that time, large boobs, small waist.

Any ideas?

bojorojo Sat 15-Apr-17 18:43:21

I cannot see this skirt exactly, but looking at various pictures of white floral midi skirts, a lot are paired with white shirt-style blouses. Big advantage - covers your arms. Some are paired with sleeveless white tops which you may not like. I think a shirt is a lot more chic. Lots are also styled with heels, a clutch bag and a chunky necklace.

Bluntness100 Sat 15-Apr-17 18:45:16

Can you post a pic of it,,,

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sat 15-Apr-17 20:15:02

A white 3/4 length tight jersey tshirt or fine knit jumper like this if you want your arms covered

stumblymonkeyremix Sun 16-Apr-17 19:10:34

Sorry...distracted by Easter tbusmile

Pic now included...can't believe I missed it off the first time confused

stumblymonkeyremix Sun 16-Apr-17 19:11:35

I love that look Bounce but wonder if I'll be a bit too white as the skirt doesn't have any colour in it at all...

BounceBounceSplishSplash Sun 16-Apr-17 19:43:24

It's not the skirt but it's similar that Forever Amber is wearing. I think you can get away with all white without looking too bridal so long as you have coloured shoes and accessories. Or you could swap the white top for a coloured one - grey or pastel pink or lilac for example. A black top would go too so long as it was balanced out with black shoes.

I normally like striped tops which floral midis. I think it might just work with yours too.

EmmaC78 Sun 16-Apr-17 19:58:05

I would go for a grey fine knit jumper in the same style Bounce posted. It is a lovely skirt.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sun 16-Apr-17 20:03:46

A Breton tee. That's my go-go with floral skirts...

skinnyamericano Sun 16-Apr-17 20:06:29

I just came on to say a Breton, but ladymonica beat me to it! That's definitely the top of the moment with a floral skirt.

twostepsister Sun 16-Apr-17 20:09:29

Coral, pink, grey or black would look great with your beautiful skirt
www.mintvelvet.co.uk/amber-shimmer-cowl-neck-tee/tops/mint-v/fcp-product/9889
or this off the shoulder top, it has beautiful sleeves
www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/clothing-203535/tops-t-shirts-1974337/coral-flute-sleeve-bardot-top-6343522?bi=20&ps=20

stumblymonkeyremix Sun 16-Apr-17 21:50:24

Thanks all.

I have a Breton top already so that will work but I'm loving the coral shimmer Top from Mint Velvet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now