Talk

Advanced search

Grey hair around temples... best coverage?

(5 Posts)
Orange80 Sat 15-Apr-17 13:39:45

I have very dark brown hair and have been very slowly getting more and more greys since I was about 27. I'm in my early 30s now and my temples and by my ears are totally white-grey, but the rest of my hair is v dark brown.

I've been getting the greys dyed away, and am going every 6 weeks, but after two weeks those temple hairs are visible again!

I don't feel ready to be grey yet. It looks great on some people but ageing on me. Especially since I'm so sleep deprived at the moment (young children!!!)

What can I do!?! Anything? Go lighter? Highlights? I don't like putting my hair behind my ears anymore. And dyeing my hair so often is getting expensive. (But I tried box dyes about 5 years ago and the quality just isn't the same as the hairdrssser...)

My self esteem is getting a hammering, too... I just don't feel like myself at the moment.

Orange80 Sat 15-Apr-17 18:57:42

Bumping- anyone?

BizzyFizzy Sat 15-Apr-17 19:00:37

Batiste coloured dry shampoo or similar

GloriaGilbert Sat 15-Apr-17 19:03:28

Brunette hair is the least forgiving for grey, but lightening your hair is not going to be cheap or less maintenance.

My hair (also brunette) goes grey within 2 weeks as well, I don't think there's any way around it. I use this:

www.superdrug.com/New-Year,-New-Colour/Magic-Retouch-Dark-Brown-Root-Touch-Up/p/624181?gclid=COvsj9iFp9MCFUwz0wodTzcMuQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

and it buys me another week or two - it's pretty magical.

NevermetaGilesIlike Sat 15-Apr-17 19:05:18

Hi, I have this and the only solution I have found for it is Majirel. Once you get the initial bowl,tint brush and gloves it becomes very cost effective because you can mix tiny amounts as and when needed.

If you have cool toned med brown hair you are looking at 5.1-5.2 for good coverage. You need the Majirel and then cream peroxide 20 or 30 vol. I personally need 30 because my hair is VERY resistant to dye the fecker and I just used the Jerome Russell one. You mix it at a 1/1.5 ratio so 10ml Majirel and 15ml cream peroxide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now