Talk

Advanced search

Hair dyed grey at 24!? Was it a bad idea!?

(12 Posts)
ConorD Sat 15-Apr-17 13:24:58

Just that really. I can't tell if I like it or not. It was something I saw a lot on Pinterest/Instagram and loved and really wanted it done, but now it's done, I'm unsure.

What are your opinions on dyed grey hair?

Auspiciouspanda Sat 15-Apr-17 13:27:13

I had my hair done on thursday, violet roots into grey. I love it haha but it's a bit weird to get used to😊

Deadsouls Sat 15-Apr-17 13:28:59

I really like that look, but I think it's high maintenance is the only thing.

PaperdollCartoon Sat 15-Apr-17 13:31:32

I think it looks great if you've got the right skin tone. It wouldn't work with my pale/fair, peach toned skin, but it looks great on lots of people.
It can often take a while to get used to big hair changes, so give it some time.

MrsJayy Sat 15-Apr-17 13:31:33

I dye my grey and those young uns are dying it grey grin it is really nice though saw a girl with greyish lavender in town yesterday and it was lovely

WhooooAmI24601 Sat 15-Apr-17 13:33:04

I love it; have seen it on lots of 20-something women and it always looks fab. I bet it's just a shock having something you're not used to - give it a week or two and it might grow on you.

mamalovesmojitos Sat 15-Apr-17 13:41:37

I love that look. You're so young! Enjoy experimenting....and if any colour is truly awful, it can usually be changed.

Dozer Sat 15-Apr-17 13:43:21

Terrible idea!

ConorD Sat 15-Apr-17 13:47:37

Dozer too late grin

MooseBeTimeForSnow Sat 15-Apr-17 13:58:06

I'm early 40s. I'm not going grey yet, but decided to try it about a year ago. I loved it. Everyone liked it. But it was sooo high maintenance and faded disappointingly quickly.

KickAssAngel Sat 15-Apr-17 14:30:11

I really love the look, but it is high maintenance. If you have the time & money should be good.

silkpyjamasallday Sat 15-Apr-17 15:33:43

I think it depends on the hairstyle, a friend of mine did it when we were in sixth form, you were only allowed to dye your hair 'natural' colours and she wanted something different and technically grey is a natural colour, just not usually on a teen! It looked pretty awful to be honest, but she had really short hair and it was really naturally curly and she just looked like a stereotypical little old lady.

I think it looks best on a long wavy bob, with darker roots showing, if the hair is too short you'll look like someone's nan's and too long and you'll get the wicked witch comparison.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now