Talk

Advanced search

Can Apples wear skirts? Please show me what you wear.

(14 Posts)
cherryberrymum Sat 15-Apr-17 10:14:40

I'm 5'6" I was 17 stone now down to just above 15stone and still loosing. But I'd love a couple of summer skirts because although I have zero waist (well I do but it's high.) my legs are good.

Can u show me the kind of dresses u wear if your a similar shape to me pls.

ElspethFlashman Sat 15-Apr-17 10:15:46

A line or nothing really.

luckycatclover Sat 15-Apr-17 10:17:05

Yeah, a line looks really good on me. Everything else not so much.

cherryberrymum Sat 15-Apr-17 10:23:26

What sort of tips do ye wear with them? I can make clothes so I could make some a-line skirts fairly handy. But what tops?

luckycatclover Sat 15-Apr-17 11:43:45

Anything really- shirts, vests, thin jumpers, usually tucked in. I have a few high waist a line skirts, some denim which are nice but depends on your tastes, my waist is high too so they tend to sit just at the right place.

PookieSnackenberger Sat 15-Apr-17 12:01:41

I tend to stick to 3 styles in skirts/dresses;

Slight A-line with a skimming t-shirt and/or fitted jacket for work. Not too tight/loose. Gap do nice cap sleeved ones for the summer. I wear these with wedge sandals for a bit of height, never completely flat shoes.

Tube skirts/fitted pencil with a boxier top/blouse that ends at the hip. I can do 'statement sleeves' with a slim skirt.

Dresses - I tend to wear shift styles with slim fitting sleeves and length that ends on or slightly above the knee. Hobbs are good and I also have a Mary Portas dress that can be thrown on and looks great with coloured tights and ankle boots.

BusterGonad Sat 15-Apr-17 12:23:01

A line minis for me and skater dresses, not that you asked about dresses! I tend to wear fine knit jumpers with my skirts.

WiseToTheLies Sat 15-Apr-17 13:10:16

Are you definitely an apple? Some inverted triangles look like apples when heavier, also columns.

If so then a slight A line or a shaped sheath. It really depends.

Skirts and tops would give you more options.

SesameSparkle Sat 15-Apr-17 13:56:05

I'm a little bit smaller, but definitely apple with very little waist definition. I like tighter skirts - pencil, ruched or tube skirts. I find them flattering as I'm proportionately slimmer through the hips and thighs, and for me the join with a tucked in or short top creates the illusion of a waist. As pp said, a looser tucked in top, with a tighter bottom also looks good.

Dress wise, looser at the top and tighter at the bottom (eg Hush tara shape) and shorter shifts that skim then stop to show off the good bits of your legs are also great.

You could also belt in to emphasise the narrowest part of you, even if that's under bust.

Tanaqui Sat 15-Apr-17 14:00:56

I don't ageee with a line unless very short- think it is better for pears! I like a tube/ ruched skirt, or a straight knee length or above the knee. Also like a sleeveless shift dress!

ExConstance Sat 15-Apr-17 14:08:03

As a rather over weight Apple it is only tube or rucked skirts that are comfortable and look nice on me. I have 3' a black Tu one, a patterned M&s and the boden one in navy. I wear a multi coloured top with the boden one and more black with the other two.

BusterGonad Sat 15-Apr-17 14:10:28

I'd look hideous in a tube skirt! Maybe I'm not a true apple! A tube skirt would make me look like a sausage as I have slim hips and legs and a undefined waist!

ZaziesPaws Sat 15-Apr-17 14:35:43

A-line mini. Top with 3/4 length sleeves.

BusterGonad Sat 15-Apr-17 15:05:44

This is the closest picture I could find of how I wear mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now