Talk

Advanced search

Another wedding guest one - your mission should you choose to accept it

(6 Posts)
dailyshite Sat 15-Apr-17 08:17:38

Except this time the outfit has to double up for a formal evening / ball, where I will be going in support of rather than to enter into the spirit of the event so don't need / want to be full on ball gowned up.

I know that you guys are amazing and always come up with lots of suggestions and I really need help and inspiration so hoping that you can help out.

I'm thinking about a jump suit (very different for me) and I like the ones with ankle skimming fitted legs rather than wide legged (thinking they are a bit too 'old'?) and would like an interested neck / back to make it a bit more dressy.

Or a dress, knee length (below or on), not too 'old' or too geordie shore.

I'm 5 foot 5, size 10, hourglass and quite alternative / quirky in my usual style so vintage style / alternative rather than mother of the bride type look.

Am also short on cash - just to make the challenge harder.

dailyshite Sat 15-Apr-17 09:23:23

what about this one?

It also comes in black (which I really like but might not be very wedding), navy blue (which is nice but maybe dull?) and white (not me). I am clear winter according to the colours lady.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 15-Apr-17 12:01:29

Its gorgeous. Very elegant.
Black is quite conservative, White is a no go for a wedding and navy is rather dull, so red's perfect.

dailyshite Sat 15-Apr-17 16:41:30

I think I might order this - any ideas about accessories?

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sat 15-Apr-17 16:49:44

Keep them simple, let the dress be the focus. Make sure you have comfortable shoes, a ball of any kind is a nightmare if your feet hurt!

dailyshite Sun 16-Apr-17 18:28:14

Much as I'd love to spend the night dancing, I realised last year that I am perceived by the students in the same way as I perceive my mum on a night out. I also didn't recognise any of the music except the one that they requested to keep the old birds happy.

I have some black heels and a black clutch, does that sound OK? Or I did see some zebra print heels would they go? (and I have form for not knowing when to draw the line with clothes so a blunt answer would be great!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now