Talk

Advanced search

Too late and too cheap to look good for party next Saturday?

(10 Posts)
abigboydidit Fri 14-Apr-17 22:49:14

Argh! I have a birthday party next weekend which is a rare night out for DH & I. Sadly, the past few weeks have been taken up by some family crisis and I now realise I have no outfit to wear. It's a bar/live music thing & I have a variety of skinny jeans and some lovely heeled burgundy boots but from the waist up I am scuppered.

I live in the country and have two small DCs so going to a shop isn't an option. I am a size 8, tallish (5'7") but don't have a very defined figure (no boobs or waist) so was looking for a tunic dress to wear with thick tights and boots or a fitted top to wear with skinnies.

abigboydidit Fri 14-Apr-17 22:49:42

Sorry - new to the app so hit post before I meant to there!

abigboydidit Fri 14-Apr-17 22:51:10

...and yet again I forgot to add that I can't afford to splurge too much as we really don't go on any many nights out.

CountFosco Sat 15-Apr-17 00:30:41

Have a look on ASOS, order a ton of things, then return the stuff you don't want the next day.

Scrubba Sat 15-Apr-17 00:39:56

I second asos, love it on there!

SuperPug Sat 15-Apr-17 01:02:51

Mint Velvet have a few dresses, long tops in the sale which you could wear over skinny jeans?

abigboydidit Sat 15-Apr-17 06:53:03

ASOS is somewhere I've never bought from so that's a good call. Will have a nosey now. And did someone say Mint Velvet Sale..wink Thanks!

PaperdollCartoon Sat 15-Apr-17 13:37:50

ASOS is brilliant and really easy to return things, so buy a few things and send back what doesn't work.

nicelyneurotic Sat 15-Apr-17 18:37:01

Second ASOS. Have had some really good things from there and it's easy to return. They have loads of gorgeous dresses at the moment.

abigboydidit Sat 15-Apr-17 18:50:19

Dear me - that was a bad idea wink Installed the app and have ended up ordering loads!! Thanks for the tip off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now