Talk

Advanced search

Cos clothes - any thoughts?

(75 Posts)
Naicehamshop Fri 14-Apr-17 22:16:14

A friend has just highly recommended Cos clothes. I had a quick look on the website, and it all looks a bit... well, odd.

Doe it all look a lot better on?

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Fri 14-Apr-17 22:16:46

No.

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Fri 14-Apr-17 22:19:56

No.
After reading raves on here I went to look at the site and literally lol'd.
It's like Zara on hallucinogenics. But hallucinogenics that make your world beige.

CaoNiMartacus Fri 14-Apr-17 22:20:51

I want to like Cos, but it all looks like the garb of some sci-fi communist regime

Semaphorically Fri 14-Apr-17 22:21:24

I love cos but it is very marmite.

eurochick Fri 14-Apr-17 22:23:11

I bypass a lot of it because it would require too much ironing grin but there are some gems. I have a couple of things from there that I wear and wear and they wash so well they still look great.

Naicehamshop Fri 14-Apr-17 22:28:36

Lol at the sci-fi communist regime! Exactly.

Friend has got a nice shirt, flowing-ish and long but quite simple. I fear that she may have bought one of the very few decent things...

FourFlapjacksPlease Fri 14-Apr-17 22:28:39

The website is dire but I have bought quite a lot of stuff in store. It all looks very different on, so trying on is essential. The fabrics are usually great, but it's quite a specific look. I like quite boyish things and very simple shapes so it works for me. If you like pretty things and colour, its your worst nightmare!

Naicehamshop Fri 14-Apr-17 22:32:01

That's what I was wondering, Flapjacks about trying it on.

What sought of thing have you got, euro?

AliceKlar Fri 14-Apr-17 23:04:28

If you are a galactic empress somewhere I think you'll get fixed up with something appropriate there.

I love some of their stuff but nothing I've tried on suits me.

squoosh Fri 14-Apr-17 23:08:06

The thing with Cos is that the clothes look fugly on the website but can look quite brilliant when on one's actual body.

GiddyGiddyGoat Fri 14-Apr-17 23:09:02

That's fine - you can leave it all to the people (like me) who love it and who it suits.... Go back to Zara!

witchmountain Sat 15-Apr-17 00:02:15

You can't tell until you try it on, although when you get to know their styles it becomes easier to predict. I think almost all my work dresses are cos now - very forgiving of a large stomach, machine wash well and don't need ironing! There tend to be a small number of colours at any one time.

CountFosco Sat 15-Apr-17 00:17:15

The quality is fantastic for the price and I love that it's predominantly natural materials. The search facility is as good as ASOS which is useful.

I am currently lusting after this skirt with pockets. You've got to look beyond the photo and think 'does this look like a shape that will suit me' because the styling on the website is quite extreme, not friendly and aspirational like Hush. But the basics are great, like this Breton top or these slim fit trousers.

Negatives is that the returns form they send you is not very Post Office friendly but if you go to the customer services button down the bottom of the webpage and click on return or exchange there's an option to print out a returns sticker that is OK. Oh, and if you are used to Boden the short returns period and long time to process returns is annoying.

ZaraW Sat 15-Apr-17 07:00:17

Zara used to be great and still has the odd gem but most of it is badly made polyester crap. I love COS really great quality which last really well. I love their Slim fitting trousers and their shirts.

lasttimeround Sat 15-Apr-17 07:01:29

I love cos but I find I can't shop it online. It's difficult to work out what will fit and look good on. Plus delivery etc is poor.
Also fabric wise you really need to get your hands on the clothes to see.

pardrej Sat 15-Apr-17 07:16:56

Lovely if you have the frame of a hanger and are v fashionable

eurochick Sat 15-Apr-17 07:18:13

I've got a black dress for the office, which is washable and looks great. And some jumpers, which are wearing really well.

8FencingWire Sat 15-Apr-17 07:21:07

Half my wardrobe is Cos. And I always get asked where did I buy it from. Go with an open mind OP.

PrimalChic Sat 15-Apr-17 07:24:25

I'm 5'2 and everything I try on from there looks like I've borrowed it from a much taller older sister! I love the styles though.

NashvilleQueen Sat 15-Apr-17 07:32:05

I've only just realised it's owned by H&M. I like a lot of the simple block colour dresses.

franke Sat 15-Apr-17 07:45:30

I've had some good basic knitwear from Cos. It's very good quality. There are some shockers though. You have to go to a shop and look at every single thing and then check the website for colours and sizes. Yeah, it's a bit of a faff tbh.

aliceinwanderland Sat 15-Apr-17 07:52:36

I like a lot of their stuff. Have to try it on though

FrustratedFrugal Sat 15-Apr-17 08:10:58

COS is one of those shops where you have to try things on instore. It's all about the cut and clean lines and you cannot get that feel online.

Yes, they have some strange-looking things, but lots of my staples are from them. For example, my best stripy top is from them. It's better than Petit Bateau or Armor Lux.

I live in a sci-fi communist regime (somewhere in the Nordics) and COS is normative workwear among creatives around here wink

FrustratedFrugal Sat 15-Apr-17 08:13:10

If COS is too extreme but you like the general idea, try &Other Stories. Both are H&M spinoffs for adult women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now