Droopy Eyelid - will botox help?

(6 Posts)
buggerthebotox Fri 14-Apr-17 20:53:06

I've noticed that my eyelids - particularly the left one - are beginning to droop. This is a trait amongst older members of the Bugger family so I'm not optimistic that things will improve.

Would Botox be a solution? I'm not too keen on the idea but I'm willing to give it a try....

whitesklyer Fri 14-Apr-17 21:42:48

oh watching with interest, similar story here condition is called called ptosis. My dad has it bad in one eye so its a familial here as well. sad

Queenoftheblues Fri 14-Apr-17 22:52:04

I have botox between my brows and the doc also puts in a bit on my left eye above the eyebrow. It only works slightly. I recently bought those sticky up things from e bay and they work well, better in face. just type "eyelid lift"

SelfObsessionHoney Fri 14-Apr-17 22:58:58

Probably not that much. Ptosis repair is a good option if the eye lid is becoming bothersome.

EatsShitAndLeaves Fri 14-Apr-17 23:20:08

In my case it did a bit.

I have virtually no lines/bags under my eyes but, like my father, in my forties my eyelids have dropped and gone wrinkled.

The rest of my skin is in good condition - bar the odd flare of eczema - so it's the one thing that ages my face.

I had Botox in my brow and it did result in a subtle "lift" - but truth be told it was probably only me who noticed it.

I also didn't like the Botox effect on my forehead. It just looked "plastic".

I've since decided to embrace the hooded eyes and quite frankly feel better for it - as does my purse grin.

Truckingalong Sat 15-Apr-17 06:25:01

Not really. Eyelid tape works but then you're really into eyelid surgery territory.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now