Talk

Advanced search

Clothes for size 18 Corfu and end of May

(5 Posts)
Heirhelp Fri 14-Apr-17 17:08:47

I normally go on holiday in the summer so I have no idea of what the temperature will feel like and what to wear. To add to that I have put on loads of weight when I was pregnant and I am not sure where to start.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 14-Apr-17 20:01:35

I was on the Greek islands in May and it was variable - some days very warm (well, 25c!) and some days a bit cooler.

I took with me:
Denim knee length shorts
2-3 pairs of palazzo pants
5-6 sleeveless/short sleeve tshirts
Couple of cardigans
Sandals
Trainers
Swimwear etc

In your position I'd go somewhere like primark and try a load of clothes on so see what fits/ suits.

Hope this helps

Heirhelp Fri 14-Apr-17 20:31:30

Thanks. Where you wearing the pants for the day time or just the night time? Where Cardi a necessity every evening? I never look good in a cardi.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 14-Apr-17 20:39:26

Yes it usually got colder in the evening. If not a cardigan, something else that would keep you warm outside.

I wore the pants in the day and evening, especially when it was cooler.

It depends what you're going to be doing. For beach, water parks, boat trips etc I would stick to shorts if some kind (I would wear these with a loose fitting/floaty top to keep me cool. For day trips sightseeing etc or shopping I'd wear the pants.

Deathraystare Sat 15-Apr-17 09:07:53

Yes definately take a warmer wrap/cardi/stole/pashmina for coolish nights or if the weather is not as hot as expected. Sometimes it is even hotter here than abroad! I once went to Morocco and the first few days were cold. Unfortunately our hotel was very open to the elements and lots of marble everywhere. When it did hot up, it made sense but boy where we freezing to begin with. Not packed with cold weather in mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now