Talk

Advanced search

Can straightening brushes be used on wet hair?

(3 Posts)
Dancergirl Fri 14-Apr-17 13:38:43

So I have thick shoulder length hair which is slightly wavy. Always looks better when straightened or blow-dried. I am rubbish at blow drying my own hair so much so I don't even own a hairdryer these days.

I usually just comb it out after washing and let it dry naturally. Then straighten later in the day if I can be bothered.

I was thinking about getting one of these straightening brushes but can they be used on wet/damp hair? Or are there any alternatives that might work for me?

ilovecherries Fri 14-Apr-17 16:06:04

I let my hair air dry to maybe 80% (hard to guesstimate, but dry-ish!), then use a Babyliss big hair to finish it off and hive it a basic shape. Depending on the style I want, I then use either a Remington hot brush (only for dry hair) if I want waves, or a straightening brush (again only for dry hair) if I want it straight.

EleanorRigbysNeice Fri 14-Apr-17 17:00:48

You'll be at it all day, if you've thick hair. I let mine dry naturally and then brush it through with the air brush thingy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now