Talk

Advanced search

Do these trousers exist?

(7 Posts)
CatAndFiddle Fri 14-Apr-17 12:02:21

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I am relatively clueless about clothes, so you will have to bear with me. About 7 or 8 years ago I had a brilliant pair of trousers that I wore to the bitter end, and am trying to find similar again. They were a fairly heavy material, black, and quite loose fitting through the leg. I used to get many compliments about them. They looked and felt very expensive, but I am pretty sure I got them from M&S limited collection and paid about 50 or 60 pounds for them.
I have recently career changed into teaching and am hankering after these trousers again, they were exceptionally comfy and you didn't really have to iron them, pretty much ready to wear from the hanger. I need some trousers that are loose fitting through the leg, but look smart. I have quite muscular thighs and the trend for very slim fitting trousers just does not suit me....but the only loose fitting trousers I can find are joggers or lounge pants. Any ideas?

Euphemia Fri 14-Apr-17 14:16:20

Are these Lands End ones any good?

I had similar ones to what you describe from M&S and they were great. I'm a teacher too, and these were my go-to standard workwear.

BounceBounceSplishSplash Fri 14-Apr-17 14:18:51

Do you mean like 3/4 length cullotes or longer and not as wide?

CatAndFiddle Fri 14-Apr-17 15:24:25

Hi bounce, longer than culottes and not as wide. Thanks for the lands end suggestion Euphemia, i will order them and have a look. They might be a tad on the casual side, but you never know!

Euphemia Fri 14-Apr-17 15:40:01

How about these from L L Bean? Their stuff is great quality.

silkpyjamasallday Fri 14-Apr-17 15:56:53

Do you still have the trousers? If so you could take them to a dressmaker or tailor and have them replicated and I'm sure they could source a similar fabric too.

CatAndFiddle Fri 14-Apr-17 19:21:59

No, I don't have the trousers anymore, silk. I would have never thought about having them replicated by a tailor...note to myself not to throw out my other wardrobe staples when they wear out! Ooh, the LL Bean ones look promising, thanks Euphemia!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now