Talk

Advanced search

Would you wear this to work?

(21 Posts)
AprilLady Thu 13-Apr-17 23:39:24

I work in a conservative environment. Not a big accounting firm, but similar. Office dress code is smart casual/casual, but more formal business wear is required for client meetings etc.

I tried this dress on today and loved it. It fits well, although very fitted over my not tiny bum. I can only justify it if I'm going to be able to wear it for work. Can't decide though whether it's appropriate. I'm mid 40s, if that matters.

BikeRunSki Thu 13-Apr-17 23:41:58

My work dress code is similar. I'd wear that dress. Also mid 40s with a not-tiny bottom.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 14-Apr-17 04:44:50

Yep, as above! grin

I'd wear it too, and I work in a conservative law firm. It's really nice.

ChipIn Fri 14-Apr-17 05:24:16

Absolutely fine. It's a good length, high neck. As long as they're ok with bare arms, or do you have a jacket you could wear?

retainertrainer Fri 14-Apr-17 06:30:06

I think it's perfect for the work place you've described but would you feel comfortable in it? Clothes should make you feel confident not self conscious so if you're going to be worried about it looking too tight on your arse then I'd invest in something else.

eurochick Fri 14-Apr-17 06:51:01

I agree. I think it's fine. And it's a lovely dress!

KP86 Fri 14-Apr-17 06:51:38

It's gorgeous!

Veronicat Fri 14-Apr-17 06:51:44

It's lovely. I'd definitely wear it for work.

dudsville Fri 14-Apr-17 06:52:57

Yea

dudsville Fri 14-Apr-17 06:53:54

Sorry, chocolate fingers here. I was just going to agree with everyone.

INeedNewShoes Fri 14-Apr-17 06:55:00

It looks fab and I can't see anything remotely inappropriate about it.

chloechloe Fri 14-Apr-17 07:32:41

I work in a similar environment and would definitely wear it to work. I gave a couple of dresses from this brand and they wash well and are very flattering in terms of cut and thickness of the material.

CaptainBraandPants Fri 14-Apr-17 07:41:13

I think its lovely and I'm not sure why you are concerned?
If you think it is too tight across your bum, do you need to size up?

AprilLady Fri 14-Apr-17 07:41:45

Thanks all, that's given me the confidence to go for it. retainer yes, I do feel a bit self-conscious in it, as it's been a long time since I was able to wear anything this fitted. Chloe thanks, good to know you've had a good experience with the brand.

wrinkleseverywhere Fri 14-Apr-17 08:25:56

I work in a very similar environment & love the dress & have just ordered the dress. My main concern is whether your bum is anywhere near as big as mine.
The only downside I can think is that it's quite a distinctive dress so I probably wouldn't wear it more than once a fortnight as the few women I work with will clock that I am wearing "that" dress again. The men (vast majority of my colleagues) will be utterly oblivious to this!

Trills Fri 14-Apr-17 08:28:41

It looks nice, and it's supposed to be fitted. So as long as you are wearing the correct size, it should be fine.

MrsMozart Fri 14-Apr-17 08:36:49

Ooh nice!

Well done OP on getting to the stage where you're comfortable with it. I'm inspired!

retainertrainer Fri 14-Apr-17 09:08:49

Go for it!

PaperdollCartoon Fri 14-Apr-17 11:40:00

It looks lovely, very flattering. Easy to throw a jacket on for meetings/clients.

originalbiglymavis Fri 14-Apr-17 11:43:48

I like that. I bought few RL ones like that last time I was in the states and they are very comfy to wear, way well and look very stylish. I like the look of that one - but in the States I was picking them up for $70 (or famously one for $12.95).

originalbiglymavis Fri 14-Apr-17 11:45:04

Oh and my arse isn't big but my thighs and belly make up for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now