Talk

Advanced search

Summer cashmere! I want it!

(11 Posts)
user1486161908 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:58:13

I recently bought the Hush Summer Cashmere jumper and absolutely love it. I have been hunting for a cashmere piece for months, but have found lots to be either slightly itchy or certainly not luxury soft feeling, Boden and Marks and Spencers I was disappointed in, can anyone recommend a similar incredibly soft as kittens cashmere cardigan please, in my dreams it would be black and slouchy, must go up to size 18!

Thecontentedcat Thu 13-Apr-17 21:06:02

www.johnstonscashmere.com/retail/cashmere-3ply-high-button-cardigan-36625.html
Idk if this is slouchy enough but it is certainly soft as kittens (and damn well should be at this type of money) and will last forever if you look after it.

user1486161908 Fri 14-Apr-17 08:03:42

Oooohh contentedcat, I LOVE that!! But yes, over my budget sadly... was thinking of upto about £100, perhaps in a sale... do you know if all Johnstons cashmere is kitten soft? Wondering about eBay etc...

Nettletheelf Fri 14-Apr-17 08:47:00

My experience of cashmere is, unless you pay top dollar you end up with something a bit substandard.

Like you, I was disappointed in Boden. The sweater pilled almost immediately and went fuzzy. Ditto M&S, although that was a bit better, and Pure Collection.

(Think it is something do do with the length of the fibres? A clever poster who knows stuff like this explained it a while back).

Conversely, I have a 15 year old Burberry cashmere tank top that has never pilled and still looks great, but it was expensive enough to give me palpitations when I left the shop!

Sales never seem to deliver because all that's left are the colours nobody else wants! I may have just been unlucky.

I LOVE that Johnstons cardi contentedcat linked to. Sorry not to have better suggestions, OP.

user1486161908 Fri 14-Apr-17 11:32:34

Yes nettletheelf, that's what I'm thinking... hmmm... would definetely recommend the Hush one for others who want supersoft slouchiness, I wonder if I may have to wait for extreme sales somewhere like Johnstones stuff. Was also looking at Brora sale stuff, all looks quite slim fitting and pricey even in the sale, perhaps if I sell one of my children I could afford the linked cardigan.grin

theredjellybean Fri 14-Apr-17 15:26:21

brora is lovely...but eye wateringly expensive, and only buy in the sale...i quite like marks and spencer..kept its softness and has not pilled.

Shenanagins Fri 14-Apr-17 20:21:39

Has anyone tried the summer ones from jigsaw recently? I got two from there years ago and they still look fab - maybe worth a look op?

user1486161908 Sat 15-Apr-17 09:19:54

Jigsaw ones look nice, tho probably too slim fitting for my size...I just noticed that Pure Collection are doing 25% off their cashmere this weekend, including at John Lewis...lots of very mixed reviews though..a lot of the styles look a bit old fashioned too... I want slouch! May order one just to have a feel, anybody have any specific style recommendations? There's so many!!

theredjellybean Sat 15-Apr-17 14:00:36

i have a v neck cashmere jumper from pure...the classic one ( not sure what its called) and it is definitely a fitted shape not slouchy at all.
I love it but it is fitted and i am a size 12 and mine is a size 14 and is snug. they are shaped for feminine fit ( i.e. goes in at waist )
I would avoid if you want slouchy.
Lovely lovely cashmere, mine is the softest i own ( and i do have lots...) and has washed well and kept lovely ginger biscuit colour but does pill

theredjellybean Sat 15-Apr-17 14:02:26

www.purecollection.com/cashmere/cashmere_sweater_cashmere_jumper/v_neck_cashmere_sweater_2_black.htm

think this is style i have in a ginger colour, i see they do a slouchy style which might be better but i think they come up small and definitely not summer weight. mine is cosy !

user1486161908 Sat 15-Apr-17 21:11:39

Offers on so will have a browse this evening and see what else is around!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now