Talk

Advanced search

Loccitane Divine Cream. Anyone tried it?

(23 Posts)
SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 13-Apr-17 20:10:28

Currently there is a £9 small pot on offer at our local store. It's meant to be the Bees Knees. But then so was the Creme de la mare cream I spent many ££ on, in a fit of peri-menopausal stupidity. Will it really do great things for my skin? Was thinking of using it at night, as I use spf50 sun cream in the day. My skin isn't particularly dry, btw. TIA.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Thu 13-Apr-17 20:51:09

This is the one in the yellow jar?

Smell it before you part with your ££.
I bought a kit from QVC , they whitter on about its "Herbal Smell" hmm
It smells like piss and mildew .

The blue jar is much nicer, lighter texture and better smell.

I couldn't stomach the smell of the yellow jar , I think I ended uo using it on my neck / decolletage , well away from my nose.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 13-Apr-17 21:10:29

Ah, good point 70. I do like a cream to smell nice. I know it shouldn't affect the results...but. Did you have good results from any of it?

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 13-Apr-17 21:11:25

Yes, yellow jar smile

P1nkP0ppy Thu 13-Apr-17 21:18:20

I absolutely hated it.
The smell made me feel sick, it brought me out in spots (I've never had spots in my life 😳) and I binned it in the end though apparently L'Occitane will refund your money if you return it to a shop.
It's put me off trying their skin care again, I use Nivea essential day and night cream, cheap as chips and beats just about every other make I've ever used. That includes Estée Lauder, Clinique, Dior and Clarins!

Volontaire Thu 13-Apr-17 21:18:51

Oh, yes. Made from the amazing immortelle flowers.

Or, to give them their other name, the humble curry plant. Emperor's new flowers grin

Roundles Thu 13-Apr-17 21:19:33

Ohh I loved it! Only had the tiniest sample pot and thought it was glorious

LordRothermereBlackshirtCunt Thu 13-Apr-17 21:19:55

I also had a breakout of spots after using it. But I have combination skin. It may be OK for those with dry skin.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Thu 13-Apr-17 21:23:04

I love it, have used it for years.

Felt like s change though, and am currently using something else and it's not even remotely as good as CD. Will be going back to it.

There are often sample as freebies in some mags, so it's easy to try it.

HairsprayQueen Thu 13-Apr-17 21:24:41

Way too rich for me and a very distinctive smell, didn't hate it but not my personal choice.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Thu 13-Apr-17 21:30:09

My skin is dehydrated but not particularly dry, by the way.

It's rich but does sink in nicely.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 13-Apr-17 21:30:13

Thanks. Might just go get me some Nivea Essential to try! smile

Katinkka Thu 13-Apr-17 21:47:32

I use it as a night cream. Very good for my very sensitive dry skin.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 13-Apr-17 21:54:26

I was given the Divine Cream (blue jar) as a present. It was lovely, but when it was finished I balked at £50 odd to replace it. And the Divine Cream is even pricier.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 13-Apr-17 21:55:13

I was given the Precious Cream, that should be!

VintagePerfumista Fri 14-Apr-17 06:44:52

I am on my 4th pot.

Now, when it came out, I got a free sample (always buy loads of L'Occitane stuff) and then bought my Mum a pot for Christmas. It smelled like wee and I thought it had gone off. (that dirty dishcloth smell when things haven't dried properly) They refunded me no quibbles.

Fast forward 3-4 years- and I got one of the mini pots in a set. The perfume has definitely been fiddled with- it's still lemony/citrussy/slightly herby, but nothing like it was in the beginning. I love it now. I associate it with bedtime and pampering myself.

The cream is very good. Undoubtedly there are better out there, but I (51, dry, dehydrated) find it plumps my skin up immediately. I only use it as a night cream as it is very rich and takes a while to soak in. I am using NY Frankincense (my HG for decades) in the morning.

The blue pot one is nice as well.

If you go onto ebay- you can get a handful of the sachets of the cream which gram for gram work out a hell of a lot cheaper. I got the serum that way, 15 sachets for about £8 when I got them. Worked out as the equivalent quantity of the bottle which would have been about £50.

Chardonnay- which CD do you rate? I used to use Capture way back when, but last time I looked there were about a squillion different Captures and I got confused.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 14-Apr-17 06:57:10

Sorry Vintage, I used CD as abbreviation for Creme Divine.

I haven't tried any of the Captures.

VintagePerfumista Fri 14-Apr-17 08:34:35

Ah, OK (am slightly addicted to skincare!)

The Divine is better IMO than the Captures.

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Fri 14-Apr-17 08:39:46

I'm currently using Ren Frankincense, but it's not sinking in and sort of feels heavier, I'll be back to Divine after I use it up.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 14-Apr-17 16:19:15

Thanks again everyone! Hairspray do you mind me asking what skin-type you have? I am concerned it might be too rich for me, and not sure the sample size will give me long enough to tell. Voluntaire grin

HairsprayQueen Fri 14-Apr-17 21:27:07

sponge I have that wonderful combination of oily yet dehydrated. I can usually chuck any old shite on it at night to moisturise intensely as it washes off in the morning and then I try and balance the hydration/shine ratio more carefully in the day. it's not sensitive or anything but this seemed to really disagree, although it did feel nice putting it on.

I wonder if it was the fragrance, I had the same response with an Elemis cream, with that certain type of stronger smell. Fragrance in general doesn't affect me but both of those had similar notes to them!

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Fri 14-Apr-17 21:59:21

Thanks...sounds like mine. Beautician described it as dehydrated. Re Elemis, can't say my skin feels the love for the Marine Cream either.

ArtemisiaGentilleschi Fri 14-Apr-17 22:17:15

Elemis Marine Cream did nothing for me whatsoever (apart from smell lovely) I found it to be way too light and 'lotiony'- always thought it would be better in a bottle than a pot as it was so thin. Made make up do that pilling thing as well as it is so chocka full of silicones.
No comparison IMO to the Divine. Which is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now