Outfit ideas for humid climate.

(10 Posts)
Girlwiththearabstrap Thu 13-Apr-17 18:28:17

Im spending the summer in the US and its going to be super hot and humid. I live in Scotland... we dont really get heat or humidity! I'm guessing I need to look for thin cotton things. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for dresses, tops, trousers etc. I'm 32, quite tall and size 12 with all my extra weight on my boobs, thighs and stomach so I'm not sure about things that are too short.

Iamastonished Thu 13-Apr-17 18:37:09

Loose tops and shorts. Cool summer dresses, sandals and a cardigan for indoors which is usually cold due to excessive air con.

Girlwiththearabstrap Thu 13-Apr-17 19:23:36

Yeah that's what I thought. Any recommendations for dresses, where to look etc? A lot of stuff I've found so far seems quite thick or polyester ish.

Scabetty Thu 13-Apr-17 19:31:04

Hush do very light weight, long summer dresses. Poetry have some lovely linen stuff.

thehousewife Thu 13-Apr-17 19:40:41

Shorts shorts shorts or your thighs get all sweaty and stick together, I know from last years experience, I'm a 12 too!!

bingohandjob Thu 13-Apr-17 20:21:37

Uniqlo worth a look. Their Airism range is great and some dresses and jumpsuits that look like they'd be nice a cool to wear.

dailystuck71 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:24:30

Don't spend a lot here. Wait until you are there and go shopping.

Iamastonished Thu 13-Apr-17 20:43:34

Also, unless you are somewhere very formal, don't bother with very dressy clothes. They wear very casual clothes in the US.

Scabetty Thu 13-Apr-17 20:47:22

I agree. No need to dress up.

lasttimeround Fri 14-Apr-17 07:10:26

You need loose not short if in hot humid climate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now