Talk

Advanced search

Going to Milan this weekend. What should I pack?

(6 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Thu 13-Apr-17 14:04:04

I'm going to Milan this weekend and am worried I'll feel frumpy! Tend to wear skinny jeans, Ts, maybe a cardi/blazer.

Am also unsure weather wise what to wear. It's warm the whole weekend but forecast rain on Saturday.

Any tips or advice appreciated.

VintagePerfumista Fri 14-Apr-17 06:48:23

Italians will still be in their puffa jackets, trust me, it was 26 degrees here yesterday (south of Italy) and people were in their winter coats.

Skinnies, trainers, puffa jackets, trainer-y type shoes, blazers. All fine, and very much Italian spring uniform.

Forecast is not as hot as previous days over the Easter weekend I think. Still supposed to be nice though.

Have a lovely time!

Ginmakesitallok Fri 14-Apr-17 06:51:37

We were in Milan a few years ago - I had images of all the beautiful people strolling about. To be honest there were all sorts - wear something cosy and comfortable

Getabloominmoveon Fri 14-Apr-17 06:53:40

Sunglasses, even if it's not sunny

Hulder Fri 14-Apr-17 08:40:25

Have you been to Italy before? As Gin says, there are all sorts.

There will be a good number of tourists, frankly just looking like tourists. There will be elderly and not so elderly Italians who shop entirely at markets who do not look remotely fashionable. There will be people looking like Donatella Versace who make you wonder how they thought this was a good look. Plus mostly people trying to dress appropriately for the weather.

Skinny jeans and jackets will be fine. Have a lovely time smile

missmartha Fri 14-Apr-17 09:17:06

Puffa jacket just like the rest with sunglasses.

Have lunch at least one day one the roof terrace at La Rinascente opposite the Duomo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now