Talk

Advanced search

Hush - am I missing something

(13 Posts)
Emphasise Thu 13-Apr-17 12:02:14

I ordered a few summer bits. Have to admit, the prices are higher than what I usually buy, but I fancied treating myself to something a bit better quality.

So I ordered the relaxed trousers (£45), jeans (£75) 2 cotton T-shirts (£35 each) and a cami style top ( I forget!)

Anyway the trousers are OK, nice soft lightweight fabric which is what I wanted for summer, but they're too tight round my calves so will have to go back.

Everything else seems very similar to Next type quality only 3 times (at least) the price. The t-shirts are nice enough but very thin and for £35 for a simple round necked cotton t-shirt I was expecting something special. The jeans are Ok, but no nicer than others I have for half the price. The cami top looks like a piece of rag and would be expensive at any price.

Plus everything arrived really creased, far worse than things I've had from much cheaper retailers. But I keep hearing how successful they are. What am I missing?

Fruitcocktail6 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:05:31

I agree, I find the fit very poor too.

neveradullmoment99 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:07:06

It depends upon what you buy really. They do have issues with creasing there is no doubt. I really like their v-neck slub t-shirts. The style and the length are good on me but they are a bit pricey and you are right, quite thin. Saying that, it is quite difficult to get a good t-shirt sometimes and despite them being thin, they have held their shape.
I think they are hyped up a bit because they are selling an image and i guess that is why they are so popular.

continues Thu 13-Apr-17 19:22:04

There was a thread about this a few days ago, saying pretty much the same thing. I'm not surprised that this subject is cropping up frequently; i have been bitterly disappointed with my purchases from Hush.

I have the v neck slub tee and unlike pp (sorry, on phone so can't namecheck), think it's AWFUL. Thin, cheap fabric which lost its shape after one wash. I have £6 t shirts from H&M which wear and wash a million times better.

I also have the Amie joggers - £50 for unflattering, shapeless things which don't stay up. Fabric is ok on them though.

The rushed skirt is the only thing I've been pleased with.

I think they employ some clever stylists and pricing strategies.

continues Thu 13-Apr-17 19:22:47

Ruched skirt, not rushed ffs

Waxlyrically Thu 13-Apr-17 20:30:40

I have only ordered one thing from Hush which I sent straight back. The price and quality didn't match at all.

FunkinEll Thu 13-Apr-17 20:44:51

I bought some stuff a few years after reading the hype on here, I send it all back. Totally overpriced for what it is. Like H&M stuff with a different label and a much higher price tag.

hiccupgirl Thu 13-Apr-17 22:01:34

I tried some bits on in John Lewis after reading the love for Hush on here. I'm sorry but the t shirts were really thin and didn't fit well and the dresses were just huge (and I'm a 16-18 so not small).

The only decent thing, which I treated myself to, was a lovely blue and green wrap/scarf - it was way more than I'd normally spend but it is good quality and weight.

ImperfectTents Thu 13-Apr-17 22:04:52

The pjs are fabulous . Everything else is dullerama

Almahart Thu 13-Apr-17 23:39:47

I agree mostly terrible quality. I ordered some harems a while ago that were sub Primark quality

Some of the knitwear is ok

TempsPerdu Fri 14-Apr-17 09:19:09

I agree - went through a phase of being totally in love with Hush, but mainly because of the lovely styling in the catalogue and on their website. Once I actually started ordering stuff I quickly realised that the quality was often pretty poor, and their dresses and skirts completely swamp my petite frame, even if I buy a size 6 (I'm really not a size 6 but I am on the short side!).

Recently I chanced upon the whole collection in the Oxford St John Lewis and was shocked at how rubbish the quality was - lots of bobbled jumpers and loose threads before they'd even left the shop!

I still like their basic raglan tees, which I wear as PJ tops, but that's about it!

taybert Fri 14-Apr-17 09:59:18

The first dress I bough from there a few years ago was lovely, good weight fabric, nice fit and it's still going strong. Since then I've ordered a few times and sent all but the ruched skirt back - even that I think has faded a bit.

They've got some really nice looking stuff and I do get lured back in but I've started to get really annoyed at how bad the quality is now.

HalfStar Fri 14-Apr-17 10:05:57

I got a T shirt and cami top from there the other day, first purchases. Cami top nice but £££ for what it was; I sent it back. T-shirt nice enough but not quite the wow I was hoping for. I'll keep it though.

Re. styling, I think Hush has found an absolutely gorgeous model who looks both stunning and 'relatable' in their clothes. That's very attractive especially for mothers of young children (like me!) who want both comfy and stylish clothes. But that comfy casual style is actually pretty hard to pull off IRL if the clothes don't sit absolutely perfectly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now