Talk

Advanced search

Revive curls on day 2

(9 Posts)
Tobuyornot99 Thu 13-Apr-17 09:30:37

Having finally found a hair cut that turns my frizz into curls I have a new dilemma, any help appreciated.
After washing I use serum / Boots curl creme and leave to dry naturally, and get a head of loose curls that looks presentable (after 35 years of trying). Day 2 I've reverted to the frizzy halo. I really don't want to wash my hair every day, what clever tips do you have for redefining curls between washes? Thanks

CardiCorgi Thu 13-Apr-17 12:43:49

I'm watching with interest. What do you do wth your hair for sleeping? I plait mine because I can't stand having it round my face, but I don't think that this is helping.

AyeAyeFishyPie Thu 13-Apr-17 14:38:53

Silk pillowcase. Hair in a high ponytail using a loose silk scrunchie.Bit of silicone free conditioner and water scrunched through in the morning. Works OK for me though never looks like day one.

unicornpoopoop Thu 13-Apr-17 14:47:46

Mixed chicks curl rejuvenator foam

Tobuyornot99 Thu 13-Apr-17 19:03:43

Thanks all! I can't sleep with plaits / ponytail, as I've had really short layers put in, so they wouldn't hold. I'll give the pillowcase and morning after methods a go though.

Gah81 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:22:02

What I do is slightly dampen my hair and put in pin curls (roll bits of hair around fingers as if your fingers were a roller then pin in place with a tiny hair grip) Dampen hair then sleep on it. Works a treat - though may be a slightly sleeker look than you are after?

Bue Thu 13-Apr-17 20:34:35

It depends on your type of curl but some form of rehydrating it works best (anything from a spritz bottle to full on wetting it and reshaping). You need to experiment a bit and see what works for you.

JennyOnAPlate Thu 13-Apr-17 20:39:21

I wet my hands and run them over my hair, then do the same with a bit of silicone free conditioner.

friendlyflicka Thu 13-Apr-17 23:22:03

Gah81, that is exactly what I do, works brilliantly. I have been using more and more products and realised it was all just down to technique.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now