Talk

Advanced search

Longchamp Le Pliage Neo: hole in corner

(21 Posts)
jaws5 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:16:28

http://uk.longchamp.com/pliage/product/1234
I got this for Christmas and have been using it most days for work, nothing unusual just light paperwork, bottled water, purse, etc. It has a hole in one of the bottom corners and the others look worn. I am very disappointed as the Neo is supposed to be more durable, and it was £120. I have a nylon bag from Muji which is 10 years old and has been used for travel and thrown around and it's in perfect condition. I'm taking Neo to Longchamp shop, what can I expect?

Fruitboxjury Wed 12-Apr-17 17:18:23

Did you buy it from longchamp or from a concession? I would take proof of purchase with you, shouldn't have happened

jaws5 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:19:01

uk.longchamp.com/pliage/product/1234

This is the one

jaws5 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:19:59

I got it from their shop in Regent St, books t can't find the receipt!

jaws5 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:20:54

But can't find the receipt...

ktjb39 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:28:01

It shouldn't have worn that quickly, I have one and I sling it around but not a scuff on it. Take it into the ship or email them I'm sure they would be helpful.

Dulcimena Wed 12-Apr-17 17:32:20

Yes! Me too. I have it in black. I thought I was just being hard-wearing on it so I'm glad you posted. I got mine about 6 months ago I think, need to check. Almost certain I don't have the receipt any more though... Does anyone know if they would they still look at it without proof of purchase?

Fruitboxjury Wed 12-Apr-17 17:33:07

Do you remember if they took your details to store online, if so they should have details and I would expect they'll offer something if it's under 12 months

jaws5 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:38:17

I expected it to be really sturdy and long lasting. In fact it's what I'd expect from a cheap bag!

Dulcimena Wed 12-Apr-17 17:39:53

Yes, totally agree! I was really disappointed as I'd read they would be bomb-proof, last forever, etc etc...

jaws5 Wed 12-Apr-17 17:40:02

dulcimena are you going to take it back to the shop?

Dulcimena Wed 12-Apr-17 18:09:54

I'll pop in when I'm in next in London and ask them, yes definitely. I fully accept that without proof of purchase they may not do anything, but it'd be good to know what they say. I find it a really useful bag and (before reading this) was thinking of buying a replacement, but if this is standard then it's poor value.

Isn't the Neo supposed to be more durable than the standard pliage fabric?

u123 Wed 12-Apr-17 18:19:26

I had my standard Pilage for about 7 years before it got a hole it got a daily bashing too!
Definitely take it back - do you have a bank statement with it on?

Deux Wed 12-Apr-17 18:28:26

Do you have a credit card or bank statement showing the stransaction? I think you just need proof of purchase.

jaws5 Wed 12-Apr-17 19:34:24

Good idea about bank statement!

FunkinEll Wed 12-Apr-17 21:03:47

I'm sure I remember reading that they fix them for free if you take them into the regents street shop. Although I'm not sure what the Neo is made from, is it leather or nylon?

jaws5 Thu 20-Apr-17 14:28:52

Update: Took it back to Regent St shop, explained and showed the assistant the hole. She replied "oh yes, that's what happens with use"!. I repeated it's been three months and she said that it depends "how you use it". In the end I left it there and they'll send it back to France to be repaired. It will take 6-8 weeks. I am not impressed at all, will not be buying again.

Dreamqueen Thu 20-Apr-17 14:34:17

jaw5 Are they going to charge for repair? I have a pliage bag with the same holes.

jaws5 Thu 20-Apr-17 14:39:41

No, repair is free.
I also showed them the other bag I took as back up. It's a Mandarina Duck nylon bag, at least 10 years old, and in perfect condition. They said it's a different type of nylon!! I also have a Muji nylon travel bag that is over 7 years old and has been used extensively for travelling, washed, thrown around and it's perfect. Quite annoyed, £120 is not cheap.

Dreamqueen Thu 20-Apr-17 19:45:12

Thank you jaws5. I'll make a trip to town then.

Dulcimena Thu 20-Apr-17 21:25:00

Oh well that's disappointing then. Thanks for the update jaws5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now