Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gah - swimwear no boobs + mum tum = despair

(16 Posts)
Cuppatea14 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:17:16

Help - flat chested and thin but wrinkly-stomached and slightly pot-bellied woman seeks swimwear for holiday and more.

silkybear Tue 11-Apr-17 21:20:28

Have a look at Simply Be online they have some nice ones with hidden support might suck in all the right areas. Similar to spanx i guess?

meshletterholder Tue 11-Apr-17 21:27:40

i have a wobbly size 12 rectangle shape, no waist and my stomach sticks out further than my concave bust so i know this problem well!
i honestly think its just a case of buying and trying the tops on to be honest.

i find padded halters, not the tube/bandeau halters but halter bra like bikini tops with padded cups marginally assist in making my top half more proportionate to my bottom half.

good luck!

MrsPear Tue 11-Apr-17 21:45:00

How about a tankini top which is padded and wired with a tummy control pant bottom half? I would have a look at somewhere like figleaves. I'm a pear and get the whole mis matched body thing.
I never buy a complete set but seperates anyway.

LockedOutOfMN Tue 11-Apr-17 21:46:16

I am slim ish but a similar shape. I spend most of the summer in a bikini as I live abroad. I go for a plunge type top and then bottoms that come up to just below the belly button but have relatively high legs. Mostly because they're comfortable actually! Ive also got some triangle tops with halter necks. The tops are filled in but not padded...I feel like I'll sink in the pool in a padded bikini top. I'll try to find some examples.

LockedOutOfMN Tue 11-Apr-17 21:46:54

There was a neoprene bikini fashion two years ago which is still around and good for boyish figures.

Cuppatea14 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:59:39

I used to go with bikinis all the way because I think generally they are much more flattering on my type of figure, but since DC2 my tummy looks like a deflated balloon. It's not particularly fat but it is all wrinkled and gross around the belly button. I think my bikini days are over sadly. Are ruched tankinis my future? Not sure I am ready 🙁

LockedOutOfMN Tue 11-Apr-17 22:49:36

I don't own these yet but think they look great. es.calzedonia.com/product/braga-biquini-alta-ava-jacquard/168360.uts

DianaT1969 Wed 12-Apr-17 07:34:21

I agree that separates would be your friend here. How about high waist bikini bottoms with tummy control and a ruched tankini top? Tankini tops with bust detail or light padding preferably. Pretty Boden one pictured, but If you google 'ruched tankini' there are some nice ones and all different prices from £20 up. You don't see the pant - so nobody knows you are wearing a control pant - and your tummy is in smile

NevermetaGilesIlike Wed 12-Apr-17 08:53:02

here I bought this.

It is true to size and has a padded bra with the skirt but that goes over the stomach. Underneath are shorts. Not sure what it is like to swim in yet but it is extremely flattering.

Afishcalledchips Wed 12-Apr-17 09:23:48

I'm not keen on tankinis myself, I always felt like they're something people wear when they're unhappy with their bodies, so to me, it highlights the wearer's lack of confidence. Also when I last wore one to go swimming the a bloody top kept riding up, putting the very same belly I was trying to hide on full display.

I'd reccomend a tummy control swimsuit, I've got a rather barganious £10 George at Asda one which is really flattering (mines a patterned one, but from the same 'bodysculpt' range.

MassDebate Wed 12-Apr-17 09:27:43

One pieces are really fashionable at the moment so I wouldn't consign yourself to tankinis just yet OP. They're pricey but I really like Jets (Jessica Allen) for swimsuits and they suit my thin but fairly flat chested figure.

Alternatively I find bikini bottoms with tie sides most flattering to imperfect tummies as they draw the eye toward the hip and away from problem areas. Add a top with some detail (print or ruffles for example) and that will help balance out your silhouette.

WellTidy Wed 12-Apr-17 09:52:45

OP, If you want to wear a bikini this type of bottoms are good for a belly. They are soft at the top, so don't dig in at all and don't let the fat fall over the top.

LilyLongtree Wed 12-Apr-17 10:05:00

I can recommend miraclesuit. I never usually spend this much money but it was worth it.

DianaT1969 Wed 12-Apr-17 10:28:18

Welltidy l love those briefs and it's very true that they flatter a belly. I think they're called fold over and they don't create a roll or harsh line. I have an old pair of blue ones but only just realised why I like them so much.

angelcakerocks Wed 12-Apr-17 11:18:56

have you tried TK Maxx? I got a hold it all in/ padded bra type one in there quite reasonable price

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now