Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress ok for a special birthday meal? What shoes, bag?

(12 Posts)
Sunnymorning20 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:12:34

I really like this linen dress and it fits nicely and I feel comfortable in it. I was hoping to wear it to my grandmas 95th birthday lunch, a big get together of all the family in a local hotel.

What shoes do you recommend? Navy sandals and bag? I'm not keen on white. Court shoes or sandals? Yay's or Nay's would be appreciated. I'm not used to wearing dresses and don't own many shoes and bags etc, will have to buy some.

Thanks!

Loyly Tue 11-Apr-17 20:20:48

The dress is good for the party. I'd pick out the dark red in the flower and choose shoes and bag in that shade. That way you have some contrast from within the colours of the dress.

Oldraver Tue 11-Apr-17 21:03:16

It's a lovely dress, where is it from ? I had an exact same design from Asda last year an it was lovely to wear

Sunnymorning20 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:46:00

Yes, it's asda! Brilliant price of just £16. A bargain, really pleased with it.

leighdinglady Tue 11-Apr-17 21:47:28

Court shoes. Shiney ones. Red or navy

MrsPear Tue 11-Apr-17 21:49:51

Red shoes! That it is a lovely dress. I wish I suited that shape dress!

Jamhandprints Tue 11-Apr-17 21:50:13

I think white would look better, but if not then go for the dark red as Loyly suggested. The dress is lovely! I'd say court shoes or summer it up with the espadrilles that are back in fashion and a canvas type bag.

Sunnymorning20 Tue 11-Apr-17 22:11:20

Thanks all, I'm not a skinny Minnie, a size 16 but a pair of good, hold it all in knickers and it looks fine.

I'm going for the red shoes and bag. Thanks again, it's always good to have others thoughts.

Acornantics Tue 11-Apr-17 22:14:37

I'd go for some tan leather wedge sandals, maybe with cork heel, a denim jacket and a tan bag.

Oldraver Wed 12-Apr-17 17:36:54

OP this year ? I've looked on the website and can't see it. Will have a look in our Asda but it's very small....We cant even order things in

Sunnymorning20 Wed 12-Apr-17 18:58:49

direct.asda.com/george/womens/dresses/floral-notch-neck-dress/GEM553429,default,pd.html

Here it is 😄

Oldraver Wed 12-Apr-17 19:46:47

Thank you, yes I found it (not sure if it was online yesterday)

There were also four items I was going to order to pick up while we're away but OH said the area was a a bit rough,

So..they were waiting for me in my basket...[oops]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now