Talk

Advanced search

Summer shoes for hypermobile 6yr old

(8 Posts)
Lelivre Tue 11-Apr-17 17:32:09

My daughter has just received a diagnosis and inserts for her shoes. She is about to come out of her winter shoes. The physio suggested trainers for the summer. Any suggestions please on something suitable to wear with dresses?

Brighteyes27 Tue 11-Apr-17 17:43:31

It's difficult my DD always loved dresses at that age and for many more years to come which was lovely. But I cared about her feet. I think I got her some nice lightweight trainer type expensive shoes from a good old fashioned shoe shop. She loves her dresses but likes a bit of rough and tumble as well.
I went to a good shoe shop and judged it with the experienced staff by which ones fit her best and which ones she walked in best. She never had much choice though. As she also has a high instep. At one stage she had some pinky ones you could just about wear with a dress another time she had some gawdie goldy ones and another time she had Lelly Kelly flowery trainer ones.
My DD had hyper mobility and was in toeing I think they called it she is 12 now and walks fine in her Addidas Superstars and her Doc Martin's for school.

Lelivre Tue 11-Apr-17 21:15:03

Ok thanks. Perhaps I'll get two lots of trainers then, one prettier lot for dresses. In the past we have relied on crocks or birkenstocks in the summer, but obviously no support...In the winter it's always dr martens or kickers, so not a problem then.

celeryisnotasuperfood Tue 11-Apr-17 21:24:23

I wanted something light last year but with a closed toe as I knew my dd would be constantly catching her toes and got her this style of trainer/sandal - would they work for your Dd? They looked pretty cool with skirts and shorts...
www.clarks.co.uk/c/Beach-Tide-Inf/p/26115556

Teaandcake08 Wed 12-Apr-17 07:43:55

Clarks do some lovely pretty little girls trainers, just brought a couple of pairs for my 3yr old and they look really cute with her dresses. Machine washable too! The older girls section had loads of nice ones too, much more choice than previous years

Fairylea Wed 12-Apr-17 07:46:23

My son is hyper mobile and I always get him clarks canvas shoes for summer. They come in different width fittings and I can get his feet measured so I know he's wearing the correct size (he's 5 but has autism as well so can't always tell me if they're comfortable). I'm not sure what they have in the girls section but they must have some nice ones grin

Brighteyes27 Wed 12-Apr-17 07:47:10

Yes my DD had the odd pair of Clarkes doodle similar style sandals that you can bung in the washer after a messy day at the park beach etc. Go to good shoe shop talk to staff about the issue they are usually really helpful. My DD had special insoles from the podiatrist for a couple of years so she either had to have shoes deep enough to accommodate the insole or with a removable insole to get them in. I think the heel support had to be good as well.
Good luck.

Lelivre Wed 12-Apr-17 07:52:29

Thanks for the beachtide clarkes suggestion, they may be a good option for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now