Talk

Advanced search

Tank tops/vest that actually fit

(9 Posts)
GeekLove Tue 11-Apr-17 16:54:08

Hello

Is it me or is finding decent plain women's tank tops like finding hen's teeth?
I just want size 10/12 plain tight-fitting tank tops to wear as tops or more often under shirts/dresses.
All I can see are loose things or cami-style tops - I don't like wearing bras so I want ones that are reasonably thick and fitted but which won't lose their shape after a couple of washes.
I don't thin ones, non-natural materials or frilly lacy monstronsities just simple vest type ones which I can wear on their own if be.
Standard or racerback would do.

Thanks in advace

Georgiemai7 Tue 11-Apr-17 20:43:49

Sainsbury's!! I searched for ages and it's the only place I could find nice ones.smile

imsorryiasked Tue 11-Apr-17 21:06:27

Primark. Quite long, but wash brilliantly and have loads of colours.

MrsPear Tue 11-Apr-17 21:46:19

I will say it again but I get mine from Espirit - good length too.

Iamtheresurrection Wed 12-Apr-17 05:43:49

I have some from Gap and have had some from river island in the past.

GeekLove Wed 12-Apr-17 09:14:40

Thanks for your suggestions. It seems with tank top there are three basics and then there are the eye-watering expensive designer ones and nothing in between.

User7654 Wed 12-Apr-17 09:16:12

H & M, well fitting, wash great and cheap as chips!

AuntieStella Wed 12-Apr-17 09:20:57

If you want a tank top, could you not commission someone to knit it for you? Then you can get exactly the colour and fit you want.

Ask at wool shops for recommendations.

For vests, I find Asda quite good, though they will go baggy after a few washes. I had some from Miss Selfridge that lasted rather better, but don't know if they do them every year. Shops that market to teens are usually better for finding a narrow fit. And don't rule out sports shops - although most stuff is hi-tech and looks it, you can find plainer styles that look like it contain cotton.

Violetcharlotte Wed 12-Apr-17 09:52:27

Primark. They're about £2, don't last forever but they're not bad and so cheap you can replace as needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now