Talk

Advanced search

Dress help, urgent

(3 Posts)
kel1493 Tue 11-Apr-17 13:54:10

Dh and I celebrated our weddings anniversary on Sunday just gone. And instead of actual presents, we are going to see a show we both really wanted to see. Anyway we decided to make a proper night of it, and are staying in a 5 star hotel. Now I know when I asked before I was advised that I don't need to dress up as much as I thought. However we will be having a drink in the hotel bar when we are back from the show, so I'd really like to make an effort.
I desperately need some new jeans, and a dress. Dress needs to be something I can wear black tights and shoes with, due to a personal reason id rather not discuss.
I had a lovely pair of jeans from new look a couple of years back, but they got a hole in and couldn't be repaired. Anyway it looks as though they still sell a similar pair, so will be looking here for those.
But the dress is the problem. I've no idea where to look.
I'm fairly tall, not too big on top (c cup), but very bottom heavy. I hate my waist, hips, stomach, bottom and thighs. So ideally want something that will disguise my bottom half, and make me look slimmer. Also without spending a fortune. Any ideas? As going to the shops shortly to try and find something.

polyhymnia Tue 11-Apr-17 14:29:38

I'm a bit confused. What is the dress for? Just for a late night drink in the hotel bar or for dinner and theatre? Are the jeans and the dress alternative outfits or do you think you'll need both?
where is the hotel? In London?

twostepsister Tue 11-Apr-17 14:32:11

This fit and flare dress is pretty from Dorothy Perkins
www.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpuk/product/dresses-5699972/womens-dresses-5686813/black-floral-fit-and-flare-dress-6429008?bi=161&ps=20
or this one from M & Co
www.mandco.com/bird-print-fit-and-flare-dress-multi/1702076.html?cgid=10010005&dwvar_1702076_color=0170#start=23

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now