Talk

Advanced search

The Ordinary.

(17 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Tue 11-Apr-17 09:42:15

I need a moisturiser for my dry wrinkled skin.
What do you suggest please?

Softkitty2 Tue 11-Apr-17 10:54:16

The 'buffet'.. They advise using a few of their products together to maximise the benefits. I use the caffeine solution for under my eyes. Hyaluronic acid +buffet during the day.. All 3 plus one of their oils at night.
I have their retinol 2% but as its sunny outside I stopped using it as i dont like to use spf under my makeup..

hollyisalovelyname Tue 11-Apr-17 11:03:03

If you use the Retinol at night do you still have to wear sunscreen during the day?

TeaQuiero Tue 11-Apr-17 17:17:05

Well, technically you should wear a sunscreen every day anyway smile

I save retinol for night anyway.

I just bought the Buffet and some oil, for night.

Softkitty2 Tue 11-Apr-17 18:11:46

Yes it is advised you wear sunscreen during the day even if you use it at night.

And yes we should wear sunscreen everyday but like I said I dislike it under my make up.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 11-Apr-17 22:54:52

Thank you

Ollivander84 Tue 11-Apr-17 23:58:54

Buffet is a serum so you need a moisturiser on top. They do one called natural moisturising factors

ChocAuVin Wed 12-Apr-17 00:09:20

...But is it any good? I often see threads on TO here but rarely frank reviews. smile

Ollivander84 Wed 12-Apr-17 00:14:28

I like the retinol, I've tried the 1% and 2% and repurchased
Azealic acid is good for acne prone skin, and I've repurchased that

ChocAuVin Wed 12-Apr-17 00:33:31

Thanks Ollivander smile

hollyisalovelyname Fri 14-Apr-17 16:12:33

So
I have dry wrinkled skin.
I was thinking of buying

Advance Retinoid
or
Buffet
or
Matrixyl
or
Magnesium.

Your thoughts please.

Talisin Fri 14-Apr-17 16:31:35

If you just want one then Buffet. If you'll stretch to two then Buffet and Retinoid.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 21-Apr-17 18:10:06

Thanks Talis.
I ordered Buffet.
Do they do an ordinary moisturiser?
I am looking for a moisturiser I can put on over Buffet- or am I supposed to?

Talisin Fri 21-Apr-17 18:32:44

They do - Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA. I haven't used it myself but it sems to have good reviews. If you have dry skin then definitely you need a moisturiser over the serum - it's moderately hydrating itself but it's not really its purpose.

Laquila Fri 21-Apr-17 21:28:49

I've been using Natural Moisturising Factors (terrible name) for about three weeks, over Niacinamide + Zinc, and Hyaluronic Acid in the day, and sometimes over Azelaic Acid at night. I'm also using Advanced Retinol once a week.

NMF seems to be working fine but I don't think it's anything to get excited about. It's fairly bland, although tbh I like that in a moisturiser. I prefer LRP Toleriane, but the price, NMF feels like an OK alternative. I probably won't repurchase it, although I do think the Niacinamide + Zinc and the Azelaic Acid are good. Might try their Argan Oil too.

auberginesrus Fri 21-Apr-17 21:36:32

I've tried a few bits. Wasn't keen on the natural moisturising factor and have donated to ds ( he likes as it's fragrance free). The 2% retinol make no real difference to my fine lines and I have persevered. The B5 + HA serum is lovely and I would repurchase. The rosehip oil is a great moisturiser and seems to improve skin tone but it's got a faint weird smell. Haven't tried the buffet but fancy giving it a go.

hollyisalovelyname Sat 22-Apr-17 09:02:46

Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now