Talk

Advanced search

A non-clumpy non-shit waterproof mascara that doesn't rip your eyelashes out when you take it off at night.

(13 Posts)
Reow Tue 11-Apr-17 08:24:31

Recommendations needed please.

I cycle-commute 7 miles each way. I wear glasses but am about to start wearing contact lenses.

Often by the time I get to work my mascara is down my face in streaks with none left on my eyelashes due to sun/wind/bastard insects hitting me in the eye. I wear cycling goggles but my eyes still water.

Has anyone found the holy grail of waterproof mascara?

treaclesoda Tue 11-Apr-17 08:28:24

Believe it or not the best Waterproof mascara I've tried is also the cheapest. Boots Natural collection. It's £1.99.

It's the only waterproof one that I've ever tried and liked.

36plusandtrying Tue 11-Apr-17 08:31:00

Mac false lash ! Amazing

onlyconnect Tue 11-Apr-17 08:36:13

Totally unhelpful post coming up:
Barry M Vegas lashes is fantastic..,,
But discontinued. Look out for whatever they replace it with.

Cakescakescakes Tue 11-Apr-17 08:40:41

Why not just put your mascara on when you arrive at work?

Reow Tue 11-Apr-17 08:44:35

Thanks guys.

Cakes yeah I did that today, but then i've got to cycle home with mascara in my eyes blinding me, and get home with panda face. Also i'm guessing once I get my contacts non-waterproof mascara and cycling is going to be a pain if my mascara runs and gets in my eyes on my contacts. I do have really watery eyes when i'm cycling.

Afishcalledchips Tue 11-Apr-17 08:49:25

I use natural collection too, the waterproof one doesn't give me panda eyes. Worth a try for £2?

khaleesi71 Tue 11-Apr-17 08:50:46

There was a programme on last week - a consumer one on saving money. I can't remember the name but they had a item when they tested waterproof mascaras. They had 5 ranging from By Terry (£35) to the Boots Natural (£1.99) - poss mentioned by PP. synchronised swimmers did a 'turn' in the pool and they looked which one looked the best. A L'Oréal waterproof (£10.99) came up trumps and was still obviously there and no panda face or clumps.

Starla268 Tue 11-Apr-17 09:01:48

Superdrug own brand B All mascara is great. Comes off fine with a hot cloth cleanser and a bit of eye make up remover on cotton wool afterwards.

ThisIsNotARealAvo Tue 11-Apr-17 09:09:41

A bit more expensive but Lancôme Hypnose waterproof is perfect for this. I also cycle to work and it doesn't smudge at all. It's about £20 but worth it in my opinion. Don't let them tell you have to get their remover though, it is very good but the Garnier eye makeup remover gets it all off just as well.

thethoughtfox Tue 11-Apr-17 09:15:50

Diorshow Iconic. It stayed on in the jungle and in the shower. Very easy to get off and looks fabulous on.

Reow Tue 11-Apr-17 09:28:38

Thanks all. I'll order a few of these today.

rosesandcashmere Tue 11-Apr-17 09:31:25

Clinique lash power is great. It's tubes so you remove with warm water at the end of the day and it stays put until then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now